Oklahomans are some of the country's most confrontational drivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A recent study from Forbes reports that Oklahomans tend to be confrontational on the road.

As reports of road rage incidents climb across the country, Forbes surveyed 10,000 licensed drivers and compared all states from nine metrics, including tailgating, yelled, car-blocking, and receiving rude gestures.

The results? Oklahoma ranks in fifth when it comes to the most confrontational drivers.

Of the surveyed Oklahomans, 14% reported being forced off the road, 55% report being blocked from changing lanes, 59% reported being cut off on purpose, and 71% reported being yelled at or threatened.

The top ten states include Arizona, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Virginia, Oklahoma, Alabama, Connecticut, Illinois, Texas, and Ohio.

https://www.fox23.com/news/local/su...cle_fadafdea-45b6-11ee-9155-979929a95d0e.html

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've often wanted to go ape **** when I pull up to a 4 way stop with 3 other people and you get this combo:

1. The "too nice" driver who wants everyone else to go instead of following the rules.
2. The suburban wife in the SUV who wasn't paying attention when she pulled up so she doesn't know her turn to go.
3. The methed up oilfield worker in his clapped out F350 who wants to just slow roll through the stop instead of coming to a complete stop.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
A recent study from Forbes reports that Oklahomans tend to be confrontational on the road.

As reports of road rage incidents climb across the country, Forbes surveyed 10,000 licensed drivers and compared all states from nine metrics, including tailgating, yelled, car-blocking, and receiving rude gestures.

The results? Oklahoma ranks in fifth when it comes to the most confrontational drivers.

Of the surveyed Oklahomans, 14% reported being forced off the road, 55% report being blocked from changing lanes, 59% reported being cut off on purpose, and 71% reported being yelled at or threatened.

The top ten states include Arizona, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Virginia, Oklahoma, Alabama, Connecticut, Illinois, Texas, and Ohio.

https://www.fox23.com/news/local/su...cle_fadafdea-45b6-11ee-9155-979929a95d0e.html
It's probably all Texans doing it...at least from here to Wichita Falls and everywhere in between. IDK what happened to the TX drivers from 20 years ago but they must all be ded.

Straight up NDFs
Not a chance goes by where they won't tailgate, cut you off, swerve in and out of traffic, Race you, crowd you into the right lane behind traffic then ride the left lane for miles, etc. Then they have the gall to be mad when you flip 'em off.

Florida drivers too, been seeing a lot of those NDFs too.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've often wanted to go ape **** when I pull up to a 4 way stop with 3 other people and you get this combo:

1. The "too nice" driver who wants everyone else to go instead of following the rules.
2. The suburban wife in the SUV who wasn't paying attention when she pulled up so she doesn't know her turn to go.
3. The methed up oilfield worker in his clapped out F350 who wants to just slow roll through the stop instead of coming to a complete stop.
Those first 2 make me want to ban women from driving altogether.

I believe it about the most confrontational aspect. Driving through Lawton or Tulsa, those people can't drive to save their lives. They don't know the zipper method either, or let you merge, or get over, or have any courtesy whatsoever. I'm shocking myself to say that OKC has the most courteous drivers in the state out of the major cities.

Used to be that Tulsa was full of the nicest people. I think it's just filled up with yankees and california nuts after all the attempts to bring in big businesses by the greased nut they elected as mayor.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom