Oklahomans are some of the country's most confrontational drivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the problems are from a lack of drivers education. I have taught 8 of 12 grandkids to drive. I don't know of ANY drivers Ed availability, much less required.

Too many don't have a clue how to merge! A highway entry, acceleration lane does mean you have the right of way, EVEN WHEN YOUR SIGNAL IS ON.

If you see a woman driving a minivan, beware! She has know idea how to drive, where she is going, or anything around her.

OKC ranks at the top of worst.
I think some smaller schools still have driver's ed, but most larger schools don't. We had to use a local driving school for our girls. They were required have so many driving hours under their belt to get their permit. So it's still a requirement. Just not something every school offers.

A merge for construction sign is 1 mile before lane closes. MERGE NOW, MORON.

Not necessarily. Lately I've seen signs that say to use all lanes up to the point of lane closure.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not the way I see it.

We literally have boys in this thread throwing a hissy fit and daring people, because they'll hit them with their cattle guard or whatever, to use both lanes when coming upon a lane obstruction.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've often wanted to go ape **** when I pull up to a 4 way stop with 3 other people and you get this combo:

1. The "too nice" driver who wants everyone else to go instead of following the rules.
2. The suburban wife in the SUV who wasn't paying attention when she pulled up so she doesn't know her turn to go.
3. The methed up oilfield worker in his clapped out F350 who wants to just slow roll through the stop instead of coming to a complete stop.
#3 Should be the local who thinks he’s drunk on 3.2 beer (2beers) and too busy looking to stop his 25 year old Camry.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. I've seen those drivers. I've chosen to continue through the intersection on a yellow instead of slamming on my brakes and ending up stopped in the middle of it. Most of the time I'm cleared before it turns red.

We've all also seen people who hit their brakes at every intersection with a green light too . . .
Some folks (cops included) expect you to defy the laws of physics. I ain't driving a freaking UAP and the laws of physics trump all others! :(

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too many don't have a clue how to merge! A highway entry, acceleration lane does mean you have the right of way, EVEN WHEN YOUR SIGNAL IS ON.

OKC ranks at the top of worst.
An acceleration lane is a speed change lane before merging onto the freeway. This lane enables drivers to change their vehicle’s speed in accordance with the flow of freeway traffic. As motorists driving onto an acceleration lane, drivers must get up to the speed limit to the flow of traffic on the freeway. However, drivers also must yield the right of way to the traffic already present on the freeway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom