Oklahomans are some of the country's most confrontational drivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
We have all seen people who have plenty of time to stop but it's all about them so they blow through the light and it changes to red most of the time before they even enter the intersection. I'm sure there are those here who will justify this action and joke about it

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A recent study from Forbes reports that Oklahomans tend to be confrontational on the road.

As reports of road rage incidents climb across the country, Forbes surveyed 10,000 licensed drivers and compared all states from nine metrics, including tailgating, yelled, car-blocking, and receiving rude gestures.

The results? Oklahoma ranks in fifth when it comes to the most confrontational drivers.

Of the surveyed Oklahomans, 14% reported being forced off the road, 55% report being blocked from changing lanes, 59% reported being cut off on purpose, and 71% reported being yelled at or threatened.

The top ten states include Arizona, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Virginia, Oklahoma, Alabama, Connecticut, Illinois, Texas, and Ohio.

https://www.fox23.com/news/local/su...cle_fadafdea-45b6-11ee-9155-979929a95d0e.html
That is a weak survey. They must not have asked about Calirado.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can believe it. Left Bristow this morning towing an 18' equipment tilt trailer. It was empty. Got into OKC and started to get into some heavier traffic but still moving at 40-50 mph. Yes, I was in the fast lane keeping up with the rest of the cars, not to mention, there were semis in all the other lanes going slower. Had some impatient jackwagon riding my trailers azz. He was close enough to my trailer that he was still to close had i not had a trailer behind me. Probably 4' off the tail of trailer. Now, mind you the rear of the tilt trailer comes to a long thin edge like an axe but horizontal. Had a deer/dog "bolted in front of my truck and I slammed on my brakes" I'm pretty sure the tail end of my trailer would have embedded several feet in to his front end. Jackhole finally found an opening and sped around me back into my lane only to cut me off with no where to go. Felt like i was back in CA driving the freeways again.

James Abram

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, sure thing. Except for the couple problems that impeding the normal flow would or could be defined as being the jerk that is merging late as the merger is impeding the flow of everyone else in the queue. I don't give three snarky rats butts if you have a deer guard bumper... You pull that and you are filed as just anyone impatient person who thinks they are better than everyone else to not queue up like a functional part of society.

Like literally, when everyone around is doing something like queuing properly and then someone comes along to be different, they are not being smarter....they are being contrary to the expectations of being in a society. See the topics of wanting "all the right but none of the responsibilities".
“queue up like a functional part of society”? “expectations of being in a society”? What kind of liberal bull crap is that? Damn, let’s just all put our masks on and sing Kum-By-Ya.

You do you Boo, sheep on.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“queue up like a functional part of society”? “expectations of being in a society”? What kind of liberal bull crap is that? Damn, let’s just all put our masks on and sing Kum-By-Ya.

You do you Boo, sheep on.
Ahhhh, you're one of those people that think they should have all the right with none of the responsibilities. I could see that about you for sure. I'll look for your name as a road rage statistic or possibly on the news like the dude in Norman up on charges when you bite off more than you can chew.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have all seen people who have plenty of time to stop but it's all about them so they blow through the light and it changes to red most of the time before they even enter the intersection. I'm sure there are those here who will justify this action and joke about it
Yep. I've seen those drivers. I've chosen to continue through the intersection on a yellow instead of slamming on my brakes and ending up stopped in the middle of it. Most of the time I'm cleared before it turns red.

We've all also seen people who hit their brakes at every intersection with a green light too . . .

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the problems are from a lack of drivers education. I have taught 8 of 12 grandkids to drive. I don't know of ANY drivers Ed availability, much less required.

Too many don't have a clue how to merge! A highway entry, acceleration lane does mean you have the right of way, EVEN WHEN YOUR SIGNAL IS ON.

A merge for construction sign is 1 mile before lane closes. MERGE NOW, MORON.

If you see a woman driving a minivan, beware! She has know idea how to drive, where she is going, or anything around her.

OKC ranks at the top of worst.

Latest posts

Top Bottom