OkVet03’s Elk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:thumbup3:It was an awesome hunt on public ground in the Absaroka Beartooth wilderness. My brother and I must have covered 50 miles of trails and bushwacking. My brother called him in on the 7th day of the hunt. I thought he was at 30 so I hit a little high. I was shooting though a lot of traffic.
Wow, very nice. :thumb:

Ya don't realize how big those guys can get until you see something/someone next to one for perspective.
I'm only 5'6. :thumbup3:

Last edited:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:thumbup3:It was an awesome hunt on public ground in the Absaroka Beartooth wilderness. My brother and I must have covered 50 miles of trails and bushwacking. My brother called him in on the 7th day of the hunt. I thought he was at 30 but so I hit a little high. I was shooting though a lot of traffic.

I'm only 5'6. :thumbup3:
Lol, yer not using a midget bow, are ya? :D

Did you get a weight on him?

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, yer not using a midget bow, are ya? :D

Did you get a weight on him?
We had to pack him out from the side of the mountain and 5 miles of trails to get him back to the rig. Took a couple of trips. I don't really know what he weighed. The meat bags seemed plenty heavy. We had to leave the neck meat and some of the lower limb meat. Our ice was getting a little melted towards the end of the hunt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom