Open carriers out and about

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sedona got me stuck on leather holsters and I appreciate it for my GLOCK! Chenry lol
Dang leather holsters always sound like I'm riding a saddle. Squeak, Squeak, Squeak, Squeak.
Tried saddle soap n neatsfoot oil n everything. Squeak. Only reason I went Aliengear is because they have a thumbreak feature.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back on topic, I went to the grocery store today to get some perishables since we have been away from home so long. I've never seen so many OC pistols in a couple of years total. All seen in one grocery store today. One guy even had two! One was a subcompact something I didn't recognize on the left, and on the right had one of those fake cell phone carriers with the flap. Both leather though!

The increased number of OC's I observed out and about today was kinda my point; not so much the holsters. Oh sure, we know there are people carrying a weapon pretty much everywhere we go anyway, (except for those places that have a sign of course) but there were more carrying openly today, and probably will be so in the coming days too.

Is it the sense of impending doom; the hint of potential, even likely, danger in venturing out in this virus-rich theater of operations to search for food (and TP) that makes some people feel more secure by displaying their firearm? Like; "Hey, look at me! You better think twice about muggin' me for my hand sanitizer you potential bad guy".

I was armed when out today too. (No Duh). But my SOP/MO is CCW, AIWB, not OC.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang leather holsters always sound like I'm riding a saddle. Squeak, Squeak, Squeak, Squeak.
Tried saddle soap n neatsfoot oil n everything. Squeak. Only reason I went Aliengear is because they have a thumbreak feature.

Try putting a little baby powder on the seams of the holster, around the belt slots, and anywhere the holster/belt interfaces. Voila! Squeak be gone!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The increased number of OC's I observed out and about today was kinda my point; not so much the holsters. Oh sure, we know there are people carrying a weapon pretty much everywhere we go anyway, (except for those places that have a sign of course) but there were more carrying openly today, and probably will be so in the coming days too.

Is it the sense of impending doom; the hint of potential, even likely, danger in venturing out in this virus-rich theater of operations to search for food (and TP) that makes some people feel more secure by displaying their firearm? Like; "Hey, look at me! You better think twice about muggin' me for my hand sanitizer you potential bad guy".

I was armed when out today too. (No Duh). But my SOP/MO is CCW, AIWB, not OC.

I carried as normal for cool weather, one BUG in the pocket and the full size under the jacket. Only OC at the farm when crawling around equipment to work on it or during hunting season with the hog leg.
Never OC in public.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been seeing both here in the last week while going to customer's homes. I think I surprised one guy last week. Was coming back out to check on a phone issue and noticed the bottom of a OWB leather holster when entering. While testing at the modem I casually asked what he carried. He said I was observant. Well yeah, going into homes I tend to look for things like that. Not that I care usually (there have been a few people that somewhat worried me), but I try to be aware of who I am around on my job.

But yes, I've been seeing both concealed and OC here in the last two weeks. I didn't think we had regressed that far yet, but it never hurts to be prepared.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Does Pleather count?
aa0a6db836007cc9a6182cb8b71074a2.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom