Open carry and setting example!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wear either with a big set of cast iron bull balls hanging underneath like those you see on some lightweights rear bumper.
HA! HA! they need a truck to haul theirs!

Around your neck? Cool! How about a pic of you wearing your CCW Badge with Bull Balls? C'mon man; it's gonna be epic.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a guy in Ponca that is like that. He offers CC classes and runs around with a big shirt untucked that is pulled up on his carry side to expose his pistol. (He is not a member of this forum) I've seen him at some auctions, etc.
I saw a guy at Teds doing this very same thing. He had a polo shirt on and had one side pulled up to expose his pistol. It was clear he thought he was hot stuff. He had his arms bowed out like he was Arnold or something. As I said before, I don’t OC often but when I do it’s usualy either in a shoulder rig that I threw on because I didn’t want to mess with putting a belt on or I have a hip holster on under my suit jacket and after church I sometimes take it off when we go to our weekly Walmart trip. But I rarely do OC. I don’t tuck shirts in and i am not about to raise one side up just to expose my pistol.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don’t tuck shirts in and i am not about to raise one side up just to expose my pistol.
Agreed, gots to wonder if it is a real OC thing for them, or if they are just not confident in their ability to draw and present the weapon with the shirt in the way. Either way, training and practice should assist them. Now, I have been known to have a 1911 on the hip open carry if I am riding around doctoring cattle or hauling feed from the Co-op, but generally I prefer concealed for my daily activities.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed, gots to wonder if it is a real OC thing for them, or if they are just not confident in their ability to draw and present the weapon with the shirt in the way. Either way, training and practice should assist them. Now, I have been known to have a 1911 on the hip open carry if I am riding around doctoring cattle or hauling feed from the Co-op, but generally I prefer concealed for my daily activities.

I do the same. OC while hunting, or if crawling around equipment it’s just too danged uncomfortable to CC anything but the mouse gun.
I was in the barn one day with my back to the 20’ door working on something when some guy right behind me said Hey!
Besides about crapping my drawers, I realized in an instant that all my guns were in the truck behind him, so you get an instant feeling of helplessness.
Turned out to be a crop insurance adjuster that was looking for a neighbors field.
Taught me a lesson that day.

Last edited:

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sometimes OC my 637 with rosewood grips or G27 when shopping for groceries and whatnot. Call me crazy, but I think it's fun to open carry every now and then, specially if you're carrying something purty. What's the point of owning a flashy gun if you can't show it off?

This week on Monday I saw a couple OCing while I was at work. I didn't get a good look, but I think the guy had a Beretta 92 and the lady had some kind of 1911.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I'm wearing just a t-shirt it's going to be un-tucked, and I always raise it up to keep the fabric between me and the grip. It's a comfort thing, and if it results in exposing the pistol then so be it. Now that cooler temps have arrived, I'll wear a sweatshirt or fleece which means that the t-shirt gets tucked in. The result is the same, the fabric between me and the grip, but now the pistol may be partially covered up. Carrying OWB affects my attire no more than my choice of pocket knife.

I can see ragging about a person carrying with a flimsy belt/holster where the pistol is flopping around and on the verge falling out. I don't understand assigning motive to someone who doesn't go out of their way to be inoffensive. Not just inoffensive to Joe Snowflake, but to other folks who choose to carry a firearm.

Douchebags (DBs) who OC are still DBs. People who OC are not DBs unless they were DBs previously. OC does not make a DB a non-DB, and conversely it doesn't convert a non-DB into a DB. Being a DB does not disqualify said DB from OC, but by the same token it also does not disqualify him from CC. OC is no more or less likely than CC to be practiced by a DB, so why can't we all agree that loud pipes are the only guaranteed indicator of a total DB?

Any future OC threads should begin with the words "Oh...my...god, Becky. Look at (his) her butt". Pistol butt, that is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom