Open carry being considered again in OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VladdDImpaler

Marksman
Reaction score
At the very least add a state and national parks exception. Concealed carry laws while backpacking just basically translates to illegally open carrying in the woods.

I thought as of February 2010 a fed law became affective that allowed the carrying of firearms in NPS managed areas.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nobody can provide it because it doesn't exist. Title 21 prohibits it...there are exemptions, like carrying under a permit and "hunting, fishing, educational or recreational purposes"

Do a quick Google on Oklahoma Title 21 Section 1272 and read it right from the horse's mouth.

Very vague,let's define "recreational purposes".When I'm walking around my property,it's for recreation so it's legal.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought as of February 2010 a fed law became affective that allowed the carrying of firearms in NPS managed areas.

Federal law allows for national parks. State law allows for state parks. But the big hole that's left is Corps lakes (which is what most lakes are).

Very vague,let's define "recreational purposes".When I'm walking around my property,it's for recreation so it's legal.

Good luck with that one.

cwsooner

New to the site!
Reaction score
Let 'em. The ones who receive us will get our business and the ones who wont let us open carry in their stores don't do business with them unless you have no choice just like they do in California.

cowmugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

“living history reenactment” means depiction of historical characters, scenes, historical life or events for entertainment, education, or historical documentation through the wearing or use of period, historical, antique or vintage clothing, accessories, firearms, weapons, and other implements of the historical period.

Pretty much anything that has happened is "history". So your period correct 2009 clothing and weapons are addressed in this portion of 1272. You might save a couple of magazine articles about a real event you were "reenacting" on your place. Also have some NRA education material handy. I think this is written so the honest citizen can be covered, at least outside city limits.

I hope the legislature would revamp 1272, but I am not optimistic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom