Open carry being considered again in OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^I'm not even sure what this means?? :anyone:

The poster referred to an Open Carry poll by a tulsa radio station. A poll that was in favor of OC. The poster surmised that when it became apparent the poll was not turning out like the station would have preferred the poll was pulled with no follow up. The implication was that the station normally followe up on polls it ran which in this case it did not.

During my 6 years here on OSA I've read a lot of threads and messages from posters both from and about Tulsa, its attitudes and politics. Though it is rare for an OSA poster to be what one would consider liberal their comments expressed enough dissatisfaction with Tulsa's lean to the left that over that time the sum of those many parts has added up to a perception by me that Tulsa is as a whole not a little more liberal than the rest of OK; kind'a like Austin, TX which is a bastion of liberalism there.

Perhaps comparing Tulsa to San Francisco was a bit over the top - maybe I should have used Austin instead.

On my part I am at a loss to understand why anyone, a Tulsa resident or not, could take offense by one comparing one city to another. It's a city not a family member. Geeeez!

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Perhaps comparing Tulsa to San Francisco was a bit over the top - maybe I should have used Austin instead.

You think.

On my part I am at a loss to understand why anyone, a Tulsa resident or not, could take offense by one comparing one city to another. It's a city not a family member. Geeeez!

At what point did I say I took offense?? I just don't know how anyone could compare Tulsa,or any city in OK,to the most liberal city in the "the land of fruit and nuts".

See above

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because better produce, even if it has to be sold as a loss leader, brings in more people to buy more profitable goods.
I see the argument, sure. But i'd rather buy from a store that makes an honest profit on food, than one that sells food at a loss so it can peddle liquor for the "real money". Just my viewpoint, don;t want to get too sidetracked.

To the person who shops only at Walmart, check out our local farms, and stores like "Whole Foods"" or Aikins.
Decent produce.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see the argument, sure. But i'd rather buy from a store that makes an honest profit on food, than one that sells food at a loss so it can peddle liquor for the "real money". Just my viewpoint, don;t want to get too sidetracked.

To the person who shops only at Walmart, check out our local farms, and stores like "Whole Foods"" or Aikins.
Decent produce.

How is using a tool such as a loss leader not an "honest profit"?

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Decent produce.

That's only an option if you live in one of the big cities. In Craig County there are a couple of small family grocery stores plus the Vinita Wal-Mart. If you drive 25 miles to Claremore, then you have a larger Wal-Mart and a Reasor's. If you want to go to one of those mentioned fancier grocery stores, you have to go all the way to Tulsa. 54 miles one way. With gas at $3.50 a gallon!

I live on 90 acres and I have a vegetable garden every year. And the majority of my meat comes from animals we raised on our property. And we do have apple and pear and plum trees. But I can't raise every kind of fruit and vegetable. I would love to have a grocery store within 15 miles of my house that sold great produce. But I don't see it happening.

Gregg

XPerties

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
then you have a larger Wal-Mart and a Reasor's.
Gregg

I'm from South Jersey, been in OK for the last 4 months, and the produce at both Wal-Mart and Reasors in Owasso is total **** compared to any type of produce, vegetable or fruits my wife and I are use to.

Anyone know of any farms that sell locally in the Owasso area?

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm from South Jersey, been in OK for the last 4 months, and the produce at both Wal-Mart and Reasors in Owasso is total **** compared to any type of produce, vegetable or fruits my wife and I are use to.

Anyone know of any farms that sell locally in the Owasso area?

Not Owasso area but Conrad Farms in Bixby.

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the very least add a state and national parks exception. Concealed carry laws while backpacking just basically translates to illegally open carrying in the woods.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's BS. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Word.

I guess people miss that KRMG is a conservative talk radio station, who uses Fox news reports, and that District 1 has had only Democratic Congressman since 1951. To each their own however...

Latest posts

Top Bottom