Open Carry OK HB1414

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This "I can carry but you can't" business is what got us into this mess in the first place. A free citizen should be able to exercise his/her legal authority to bear arms in any damned manner they see fit.

oklaccer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a few points.
1. The Constitution did not grant us the right. It was acknowledged to already exist, given to all men by "their creator", and therefore, inalienable. Meaning it couldn't be taken away without our blessing. OK, I'm talking how things are supposed to be, not how they are.
2. Open Carry does not give anyone a tactical advantage. Tactics are how you win the battle. Strategy is how you avoid it. It would be more proper to classify it as a strategic advantage. The presence of an openly carried weapon has halted crimes before they were commited.
3. This thread was started to gain support for the legislation mentioned. The holdups are Chris Benge - as Speaker of the House, he assigns legislation to commitees and has seen fit once again to give this one to Sue Tibbs, who is the second hold up. If she really wanted to research this legislation, she could do that in a day. Check the states that acknowledge and allow open carry, there are no bloodbaths, no shootouts over minor traffic violations, and no one losing their firearm to others due to lack of proper retention.
4. Rights are Rights. You either take the good with the bad, or throw them all out. Using permits, qualifications, licenses, etc are just ways to abridge rights and eliminate them.

Get on the bandwagon, or don't. Either way, it is your right.

Bobrob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaker Chris Binge on KFAQ just now said HB1414 still in Sue Tibbs public safety committee, needs more research.

In other words DEAD again this session

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaker Chris Binge on KFAQ just now said HB1414 still in Sue Tibbs public safety committee, needs more research.

Binge is out (on term limits). It's time to vote Sue Tibbs out too, unless she is also retiring due to term limits. Vote a replacement for her who is pro open carry.
Oklahoma is in the minority by not having an open-carry law of some kind. Eleven states allow open-carry under virtually all circumstances, 18 require an open-carry license and 15 others have other restrictions of some kind.
NONE of these report any exceptional violence because of open carry.

And we in OK think our elected reps are pro-second amendment?
It's time to make open carry an election issue.

oklaccer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While Benge and TIbbs are still in office, we can deluge their offices and the capitol switchboard with calls. Bring the issue to them and challenge them on their foot dragging. Don't let the issue wait until next year. One thing all politicians respond to is hearing from voters. Let them know how you feel.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While Benge and TIbbs are still in office, we can deluge their offices and the capitol switchboard with calls. Bring the issue to them and challenge them on their foot dragging. Don't let the issue wait until next year. One thing all politicians respond to is hearing from voters. Let them know how you feel.
I agree. I just sent Tibbs an email. After hearing Benge today on the (look at me, I'm PC) show I don't have much hope in that area. Thanks heaven for term limits!

Shootum

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I heard this this morning as well, not what I would like to hear. Could someone post contact information for Chris Binge and Sue Tibbs. I'd like to email both, I'm sure there are others that would step up and voice their concerns if they had this contact info.

Latest posts

Top Bottom