Open Carry Private Property

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'm with nano.

But "snake protection" would be my "legit" reason were someone to through a fit over it. And yes, that better be legit, seeing as I've found 3 3' plus rattlers within a mile of my house in the last year. I even usually carry a couple rounds of snake shot in a wheelie when I'm out mowing.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like somebody else said, this would be right up Harris's alley. The DA's office won't press charges in a murder case after it's referred to them by the PD, but he'll sure as heck chase something like this.

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you should be able to do what ever you want on your own property as long as whatever it is does not leave teh property line. That said, I have to get to my property and that is why I got my CCW. I was tired of loading and unloading, just to go from one place to the next on the slim chance I was pulled over or was in a wreck, (no telling who might decide to rear-end you now days). I did not want to have to worry about it. Isn't that why we all CCW, for "peace of mind".

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I Worked For A Small Private Company I Asked About Carrying While On The Premise And Was Told That As Long As You Are The Property Owner Or Have Their Permission You Can Open Carry On Private Property With No Issues.

That Was A Couple Of Years Ago But A Prime Example Would Be H&h As They All Carry Open And Loaded.

berettaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I OC everyday at my property.I mow the yard,help the neighbors,work in the shop,pretty much anything I want.I do wear a covershirt when I go into town but as far as anyone is concerned around here,it's just normal to see me carrying.Now this is Mayes Co.and we only have the county deputys cruising around.We do get some add looks from the Fedex and UPS guys that deliver stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom