Open carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My suggestion is that someone with the willingness, knowledge and ability sit down and construct an appropriate Open Carry Law. We would then have a year to promote and educate, both the Legislature and the people.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My suggestion is that someone with the willingness, knowledge and ability sit down and construct an appropriate Open Carry Law. We would then have a year to promote and educate, both the Legislature and the people.

I guess I'm a radical, but we already have the right. The 2A affirms it. Until we Oklahomans band together to tell the asshats up on 23rd & Lincoln that we're pissed and won't take their **** anymore... it'll be a while before the servants do the will of the people. What really chaps my hide is the f*cking Republican knobs who say they support the 2A... but are unwilling to do what is morally right and getting the hell out of our way. They gotta "poll" their constituents to gauge which way the wind is blowing. Screw that. Have the balls to tell their constituents that despite what they may want, the Constitution already made the decision for them. There was a time when the constituents supported Jim Crow laws... but that never made those laws justifiable and moral.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well...maybe we should show up on the lawn on 23 and Lincoln come Second Amendment Day.... with empty holsters.
Last year Henry vetoed a compromise.... this year every state around here advanced and restored some rights. except OK... Tme to turn up the heat on the "masters"

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'm a radical, but we already have the right. The 2A affirms it. Until we Oklahomans band together to tell the asshats up on 23rd & Lincoln that we're pissed and won't take their **** anymore... it'll be a while before the servants do the will of the people. What really chaps my hide is the f*cking Republican knobs who say they support the 2A... but are unwilling to do what is morally right and getting the hell out of our way. They gotta "poll" their constituents to gauge which way the wind is blowing. Screw that. Have the balls to tell their constituents that despite what they may want, the Constitution already made the decision for them. There was a time when the constituents supported Jim Crow laws... but that never made those laws justifiable and moral.

Of course, we have the "right"! But, put your gun on your hip and walk down Main Street and see what your "right" gets you. That's why I say we're better off spending the next year making sure the message gets out with enough volume to make them pay attention. That would be e-mails, letters, phone calls, attendance at town hall meetings and anything else we can do to get positive attention.

I've learned my lesson when talking to a legislator about open carry. No longer will I offer up any reasons for wanting this law passed such as concern for being accused of brandishment if I print, or if the wind blows my shirt up. My reason is because I believe the current law to be in direct violation of my 2nd Amendment rights.

I'm am not, by nature, a one-issue voter. However, this is not an issue, it is a usurped right.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well...maybe we should show up on the lawn on 23 and Lincoln come Second Amendment Day.... with empty holsters.
Last year Henry vetoed a compromise.... this year every state around here advanced and restored some rights. except OK... Tme to turn up the heat on the "masters"

Knowing our masters they'd send the police after us...

Of course, we have the "right"! But, put your gun on your hip and walk down Main Street and see what your "right" gets you. That's why I say we're better off spending the next year making sure the message gets out with enough volume to make them pay attention. That would be e-mails, letters, phone calls, attendance at town hall meetings and anything else we can do to get positive attention.

I've learned my lesson when talking to a legislator about open carry. No longer will I offer up any reasons for wanting this law passed such as concern for being accused of brandishment if I print, or if the wind blows my shirt up. My reason is because I believe the current law to be in direct violation of my 2nd Amendment rights.

I'm am not, by nature, a one-issue voter. However, this is not an issue, it is a usurped right.

I've made the point in other threads that if we actually exercise our right, the government will send it's force (police) against us. This is freedom? At what point do those of us who view the Constitution as the law of the land tell the masters we're fed up with their tyranny? Dammit, if I didn't like living in Oklahoma as much as I do I'd move to a state where the Constitution isn't trashed by redneck asswipes on a power trip.

Sorry for the rant...

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I loved how they thought it wasn't a good bill so they decided not to hear it. It's like they're afraid of giving us too much liberty or something. I'd much rather we had too much than not enough. Those elitist pieces of garbage think otherwise. Sue Tibbs and Steve Martin are the epitome of elitist garbage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom