Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would rather those checks be done away with.

In fact, I would like something like

“SECTION 1. NEW LAW A new section of law to be codified in the Oklahoma Statutes as Section 1291<Section No.><> of Title 21<Title No.><>, unless there is created a duplication in numbering, reads as follows:

Oklahoma shall be a Second Amendment state. All citizens have the individual right to keep and bear arms for his or her protection.

Persons or entities who prevent a citizen from exercising his or her individual Second Amendment rights are assuming the liability for protecting such citizen.

Any citizen of Oklahoma may request an endorsement on his or her Oklahoma driver license to serve as a concealed carry permit for recognition in this state and other states.”“​

Looks great - right up to the part concerning the endorsement. With no training requirements reciprocity of CCW with many if not most of the states we currently have reciprocity with would go Buh Bye.​

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks great - right up to the part concerning the endorsement. With no training requirements reciprocity of CCW with many if not most of the states we currently have reciprocity with would go Buh Bye.

Good point, and an easy one to fix. AZ and AK are 2A carry states, but I know AZ, and possibly AK both have means to get a CCW on top of that. In AZ, the CCW allows you to carry more stuff, and in additional places (I think), and also grants reciprocity to other states.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks great - right up to the part concerning the endorsement. With no training requirements reciprocity of CCW with many if not most of the states we currently have reciprocity with would go Buh Bye.

Then an addition could be made directing OSBI or DPS to create Administrative Rules concerning the endorsement in order to comply with reciprocity requirements in the greatest amount of states reasonable.

Or a requirement that the legislature review requirements for an endorsement (similar to the requirements for a license now) every X years and see if we're maximizing reciprocity and take whatever actions necessary to maximize reciprocity.

(I like #2 better.)

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For Waltham41

If the OC passed, could they get you for printing while CC?

I am having a hard time finding a holster and pistol my fat butt can carry without printing or sagging LOL

You did not say if you were wearing a gunbelt. A normal belt will not hold even a lighter gun without sagging and pulling your pants down. Try either a leather or a web gunbelt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom