Open or concealed Carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just curious...Do you carry open or concealed?

• Open

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Concealed

Votes: 44 89.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw another open carry today, and was just wondering what percentage carry openly.

Not here to argue either way, just wondering.

I don't carry often, but carry concealed when I do.

Would be interesting to hear your reasons either way, if you care to express them.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Concealed, I don't like to advertise.
Every time I see an open carry, I study the holster and the persons actions and judge how hard it would be to come up behind and disarm.
Most of the time it's some redneck not paying attention to anything and wearing a fobus with no retention or an uncle mikes with a simple snap. Either of which would be way too easy to take from.
If I were a criminal Intent on doing harm, that's my first victim.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OWB with a shirt over it usually, but I don’t get upset if my shirt rides up over it. I figure me reaching for that area of my body to put my shirt back over might cause more alarm than it simply being unconcealed.

ETA: I carry a G17, I’m certain “printing” is an everyday occurrence. I’m not worried. The kind of person who would get upset about it, is also the kind of person who would look at my shirt and have no idea what’s under it.

Last edited:

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw another open carry today, and was just wondering what percentage carry openly.

Not here to argue either way, just wondering.

I don't carry often, but carry concealed when I do.

Would be interesting to hear your reasons either way, if you care to express them.
I carry concealed most of the time. But I occasionally do OC. If I don’t feel
Like wearing a hip holster and double mag pouch I just use my Miami classic 2 shoulder rig. I know it’s none of my business but why don’t you carry as much as you can? You never know when you might need it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom