Open or concealed Carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just curious...Do you carry open or concealed?

• Open

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Concealed

Votes: 44 89.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry concealed most of the time. But I occasionally do OC. If I don’t feel
Like wearing a hip holster and double mag pouch I just use my Miami classic 2 shoulder rig. I know it’s none of my business but why don’t you carry as much as you can? You never know when you might need it.
You make a great point I carry 24/7

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have noticed there are 2 kinds of open carriers.
1. Sticks out like a sore thumb. Seems like they are uncomfortable with body motions or want to make sure you see it.
2. Completely comfortable with it and you don't even really notice they are carrying.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Concealed, usually IWB, but sometimes OWB and shirt tail over it. I want the Bad Guy to be completely surprised when he discovers that the old guy who walks with a limp isn't quite the low-hanging fruit he might have initially appeared to be, after all. I find a good pancake holster supported by a solid belt will draw the gun in nice and tight. In fact, I think I'll carry OWB that way today. Gen 4 G29 in a UBG RTBA Holster. Basic pancake rig. Works for me!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry concealed most of the time. But I occasionally do OC. If I don’t feel
Like wearing a hip holster and double mag pouch I just use my Miami classic 2 shoulder rig. I know it’s none of my business but why don’t you carry as much as you can? You never know when you might need it.

Not meant to be critical, but curiosity makes me ask how many times you have "needed" to draw your firearm? Granted, I tend to be sure I am in areas that don't have a lot of crime, so for the most part, I don't carry at all.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not meant to be critical, but curiosity makes me ask how many times you have "needed" to draw your firearm? Granted, I tend to be sure I am in areas that don't have a lot of crime, so for the most part, I don't carry at all.

Probably for reasons similar to why one doesn’t have part-time health, life, or homeowner insurance. Because when the rare occasion happens when you may have need it is too late to get it then. I have also never used the fire extinguishers in my home or car ( and hope never to) but I still maintain them.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm a big guy so it is very uncomfortable to carry IWB. I carry OWB with my shirt tail out or pocket carry.

Although I believe in the right to open carry I also believe that it is not a good idea to be very obvious about it or walk around like you are advertising the fact you are carrying, drawing attention to yourself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom