Operation Gun Rights: Next 8 weeks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my letter, to be modified where needed for state or national officials...
Sent so far to Senators and Rep Lucas, will be sending to State officials. Will begin calling them tomorrow.

Honorable (Senator, Congressman, Representative),

I would like to remind you that when you took office, you swore an oath: “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; …”

I also remind you that our Constitution includes the 2nd Amendment: “…the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

The right to keep and bear arms was considered so fundamental to a free people that it was the Second Amendment, second only to freedom of religion and free speech. I also remind you that it guaranteed the right of the people to keep and bear, what were at the time, state-of-the-art military weapons.

Any elected official who proposes, or supports, any legislation that attempts to overturn or limit the Second Amendment is in violation of their oath and they must be removed from office. Their act must be considered an act of Treason against the United States of America and should be prosecuted as such. I expect you to stand firm in support of the Constitution, to honor your oath and to denounce the traitors for what they are. By "any legislation", I consider this to include any sort of so-called 'assault weapons' ban, 'high-capacity' magazine ban, gun registration, outrageous ammunition tax, private weapons sales government intervention, face-to-face only ammunition sales, any type of gun registration and/or any other infringement.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and the misinformation campaign against the American public. I will not register any weapon I currently own, nor any I acquire in the future. It is not the government's right to know what I own.

Common sense and statistics both prove that gun restrictions do not save innocent lives. Restricting people from the right and responsibility to protect themselves and others by establishing "Gun-Free Zones" is one of the most irresponsible and asinine regulations our government has ever imposed. A true law maker, representing the American people, should be doing everything in his/her power to remove such idiotic, foolish and unsafe regulations. So far, I have seen very little support or discussion from Washington to do just this.

You are responsible not only to the American people, but to God Himself. I suggest you seriously consider the oath you took, for God - and the voters - will hold you accountable for your actions in this regard. Another problem I've seen with with today's politicians is the fact that they never seem to give a second of their time for the people they are supposed to be working for. They reply to emails with some simple, standardized, form letter, one-size-fits-all, for each particular issue. I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

HT

Last edited:

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made my calls yesterday. Thursday or Friday are the days I have designated for my 3 calls.
I also told them I am NOT in favor of a BG check on all firearms because that would require registration.
:)

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Week 2 of Operation gun rights has begun!
Tom Gresham did suggest we modify what we say to make it more hardball. For example:
"We will not stand to be scapegoated. We already have 20,000 + gun laws. Crime and mass shootings are overall down. I will work hard to defeat those who compromise with the anti 2a lobby and will work harder to elect those who do not compromise on 2A freedoms. "

For identifying your congressman : http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
Put in your zip code and find your congressman.

For identifying your 2 senators: https://www.senate.gov/general/conta...nators_cfm.cfm
Find your senators by selecting your state.
3 calls a week is all it will take for 8 weeks. 5 min per week.
PLease consider committing to this if you have not already. PLease pass on to others as well.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's Monday... Time to start making your calls! Three a week from as many as possible. Also don't forget to stop by the Ruger Thread and complete your online letter!

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Made my calls today.....guys from Bridentsine's office was extremely nice, Coburn's staff was neutral....Inhofe had an answering machine so i left a detailed message.
Make those calls thisweek if we haven't.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many of us may know already that Tom Gresham, of guntalk (www.guntalk.com)
started an operation called gun rights in his show last Sunday. BTW, guntalk is an EXCELLENT show and Tom really has it down.

The basic idea is, that our one federal Congressman and two federal Senators are being barraged by the media that "something must be done". Operation gun rights is simple:

1. For the next EIGHT weeks make a commitment to make 3 phone calls a week: one to your Congressman's office and one each to your senator's offices. During the phone call, don't talk about the nuances of every piece of crap the media and the lefties are throwing up (like hi cap mags, assault weapons, semi autos) but just make a clear, FRIENDLY statement to the staffer you talk to along the lines of:
"Hey, I know you are being barraged by a ton of anti 2A media, but I wanted to let you know that I am very strongly in favor of NO MORE restrictions on our Right to Keep and Bear arms. Please pass this along to the <senator or congressman>."

The goal is that each congressman's office and senator's office get at least 10,000 calls a week.
This should neutralize a lot of the negative press that is happening.

For identifying your congressman : http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
Put in your zip code and find your congressman.

For identifying your 2 senators: https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
Find your senators by selecting your state

Please consider making this commitment to save recognition of our RKBA. Eight weeks. 3 calls a week. 24 calls in total.

PLease pass this message on to others who may not be aware.

Week 3 of operation gun rights is on! 5 minutes a week.... 3 calls.

Latest posts

Top Bottom