Opinion or options needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm wanting a good pocket pistol, but I'm picky. As many of the regs here have seen me say I prefer DA/SA over striker fire. Unfortunately the options that are available for sub-compact in DA/SA (not interested in DA only with a striker) are minimal. Right now I'm either gonna have to save for a Kimber Micro9 or step down a caliber and get something like a Bersa Thunder in .380. Any suggestions? I would prefer to stay with a 9mm as ammo is a bit more available (plus I already have that ammo ) but the price tag on the Micro9 is a bit high for my budget.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope this link works:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/939189354I have a bersa mini firestorm in 40s&w and it has never let me down.
The decocker takes some getting used to as it is not natural to have the hammer drop on a loaded chamber without a sudden loss of hearing and a constant whining noise. Lol. It fits my big gorilla hands just fine and is very ergonomic.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having shot kimber, ruger, sig, walther, and bersa semis I greatly preferred the feel and trigger on the Bersa and Walther. Price pushed me hard to bersa. Wife LOVES Sig.

Honestly, the Bersa never gave issues, ate everything, and was very easy to carry. Gave it to my SIL and do miss it.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One option...Learn to embrace striker fired pistols for their utilitarian purposes. I know it's not easy but I did it about ten years ago and it makes carry gun selection so much more simple.

Good luck with whatever you choose!
I know its an irrational fear, but I just can not trust a striker fired carried while chambered. Yes, again, I know. But, thats just how I am. And while DA/SA does limit my choices, I do have choices.

The p238 looks nice, but looks to be the same if not more in price than the Micro9, and for that price I would rather go 9mm.

I will see if I can find that Bersa TPR9c and see how big it is. If its pocket size then it may be what I'm looking for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom