Opinion or options needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJCorb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, lots of choices. Size, caliber, brand, functions. I have been keeping an eye out for another Sig P238 .380 for a while without success. My reasons and needs might be different than yours. I suggest shooting as many different ones as you can in person, then make a choice depending on all the other factors involved.

P239's seem to show up nore than the .380s. Bersa .380 Thunder is much larger than a Sig 239 9mm but has less mass for recoil than the p238 for example, I suggest you spend some time looking and trying as many first hand to see what fits "your" idea of a pocket pistol. Like holsters, I have tried more than one to build my collection of firearms I do not shoot much..
Still looking for a P238?

LarryM

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You want a "pocket pistol", have you ever tried to carry a 9mm Glock in your pocket, not as concealable as I would want, I have several pistols both pocket size and the big guns, I feel very safe with my Baretta Bobcat in a .22LR and also have a S&W Bodyguard 380, love the Bobcat and feel just as safe with it, also very accurate at 20-30 feet!

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as the OP. My preferred way to carry is hammer down DA/SA with my CZ P07 and Sig P229, but I would like something smaller for the summer. Been considering the FN 509c, Shield 9, SAR9 compact and the Canik TP9SC. My brain tells me that a striker fired pistol is perfectly safe with the right holster and trigger discipline, but something just feels off about it. I'm contemplating getting a holster for my VP9 and carrying that for a while to get comfortable carrying that style of gun.

Pitz

New to the site!
Reaction score
I'm wanting a good pocket pistol, but I'm picky. As many of the regs here have seen me say I prefer DA/SA over striker fire. Unfortunately the options that are available for sub-compact in DA/SA (not interested in DA only with a striker) are minimal. Right now I'm either gonna have to save for a Kimber Micro9 or step down a caliber and get something like a Bersa Thunder in .380. Any suggestions? I would prefer to stay with a 9mm as ammo is a bit more available (plus I already have that ammo ) but the price tag on the Micro9 is a bit high for my budget.
Save for what you truly want. Worth it!

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a Glock guy- I've had a 22-34-26-27-33-42-43 models- every one hits-feeds and functions perfect and there is no play in the trigger - I had a 9 mm barrel and I switched a G27 to 9mm with a barrel and mags change- fired perfect and never had one issue. I was trading around and wound up with a Sig 365, which is close in size to the G43- but instead of a 7+1 round the Sig is a 10+1 with very compact 15 round mag back up- my round count is now 26 instead of 18 with the G43 using a 10 round backup mag. I like the Glock feel and trigger a little better, but I hit well enough with the Sig, so thats what I carry now- side/ankle and pocket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom