Opinion: Yes, the Tea Party and Palin Do Deserve Criticism

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now the question is, if the rhetoric gets toned down because of what this dirtbag did, it may prove he's right. The obvious question after that is, do we really want to teach fringe nutjobs that their spectacular acts of violence are effective?

It may prove he's right about what???

If the rhetoric had nothing to do with what he did then toning down the rhetoric has nothing to do with what he did, and certainly wouldn't be rewarding him!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It may prove he's right about what???

If the rhetoric had nothing to do with what he did then toning down the rhetoric has nothing to do with what he did, and certainly wouldn't be rewarding him!

Well if the rhetoric had nothing to do with what he did, then why are you and all the media hacks continually bring it up? All this really proves is that politics has heated up and he went on a lunatic rampage in the same span of time.

Might as well say that winter caused the Titanic to sink. :(

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From another website:

** Obama: “They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”

** Obama to His Followers: “Get in Their Faces!”

** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”

** Obama to His Mercenary Army: “Hit Back Twice As Hard”

** Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.“

** Obama to voters: Republican victory would mean “hand to hand combat”

** Obama to lib supporters: “It’s time to Fight for it.”

** Obama to Latino supporters: “Punish your enemies.”

** Obama to democrats: “I’m itching for a fight.”

Spot on Buzz' I was wanting to post these too. Great job.

And with all due respect, I don't much care what you expect of me. I simply posted an article for debate, like I often do. I didn't write it. Why would you impose an expectation on me of something not of my own creation?

JB, I can tell that it was a copied article and that's fine. It brings the debate which is healthy. I think the article is a bunch of bull$hit and one sided; probably written by a leftist.

My question to you is if you just posted this for debate then you should probaly come up with a better thread title. Sure makes it look like you believe and agree with the dribble you posted.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In 30 days it will be as though the Arizona slaughter never happened. The rabid mouth breathing radicals on both sides will be back to business as usual motivating their simple minded disciples with absurd dehumanizing ad hominem rhetoric.

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
North of the Red River, South of the Cimarron
If the shooter was Sarah Palin's bodyguard, or her adopted son, or really close, maybe the "guilt by association" crap the MSM is pulling might fly.
But for anyone to think just because the MSM is trying to make Sarah Palin look bad should tell you how terribly poor our news media is.
If anybody swallows the crap the news media puts out as fact in instances like this, they really can't be too smart or be awful arrogant and think they are more intelligent than everyone else.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well if the rhetoric had nothing to do with what he did, then why are you and all the media hacks continually bring it up? ...

I have said probably 1/2 dzn times in the last 24 hours that I don't blame the rhetoric for the shooting. I guess I need to just put it in my signature from here on out.

Speaking for myself - I keep bringing it up because I am SICK of it. I guess I just don't see why we have to HATE and DESPISE the other side. I know that there are things I disagree with you about - but I don't hate you for it, or think you're just too darn stupid to see how wrong you are, and I certainly don't think you just want to hurt America - because we disagree.

The few of you who are Facebook friends with me know that I have been complaining about politics for months now. I hate it. I hate the way things are now.

All this really proves is that politics has heated up and he went on a lunatic rampage in the same span of time.

On this I agree with you 100%.

Doesn't mean that the rhetoric isn't overblown and isn't way past due being toned down.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let us “hold our fire” and talk no more of “campaigns.”

Never again must we focus on “battleground states” or even cast our eyes on a “battleground” poll.

Goodbye ad “blitzes,” “ad wars,” and “air wars” too. Politicians shouldn’t “fire when ready” or unready. And aides should never jump on even a figurative grenade.

This is the end of to union-launched “offensives” in the “trenches” and the demise of full-on “assaults.”

Let’s not discuss the “nuclear option,” and call an end to the “wars” on poverty and cancer.

We must liberate ourselves from our “bunkers” and forget “defending our territory” electorally or metaphorically. Likewise, let us never speak again of opening a new “front” here, there or anywhere.

Purge from the history books Al Gore’s oath to “stand and fight” and John Kerry’s schmaltzy “reporting for duty.”

Alas, I cannot think of what to call this cessation in militaristic discourse, since none dare call is a “truce” or a “ceasefire.” by Jonah Goldberg

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spot on Buzz' I was wanting to post these too. Great job.

JB, I can tell that it was a copied article and that's fine. It brings the debate which is healthy. I think the article is a bunch of bull$hit and one sided; probably written by a leftist.

My question to you is if you just posted this for debate then you should probaly come up with a better thread title. Sure makes it look like you believe and agree with the dribble you posted.

The title is the title of the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom