Opinions on Remington 700 SPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is mine.

[Broken External Image]

and here is what kind of accuracy I get out of it. Notice the three holes touching. the box is one inch by one inch and was shot at 100 yards. this was a four shot group I made when sighting in the scope.

[Broken External Image]

In short...I love this gun it is as accurate as I can shoot it. if you get one you will not be disappointed.

BadKarma

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one in 308 and 223 and I am really happy with both. With a good handload they are capable of some amazing accuracy. 308 seems to prefer Varget and a Nosler 165 BT. 223 likes BLC2 and a 55 BT.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is mine.

[Broken External Image]

and here is what kind of accuracy I get out of it. Notice the three holes touching. the box is one inch by one inch and was shot at 100 yards. this was a four shot group I made when sighting in the scope.

[Broken External Image]

In short...I love this gun it is as accurate as I can shoot it. if you get one you will not be disappointed.

Was this handloads or factory ammo?

mavrick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a 308 and still have a 17 fireball. For the money they are good rifles but so is a Savage it just boils down to what you like and what fits you.

Dustin

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one in 308 and 223 and I am really happy with both. With a good handload they are capable of some amazing accuracy. 308 seems to prefer Varget and a Nosler 165 BT. 223 likes BLC2 and a 55 BT.

What do you think about the stock? That is the only negative thing I have found so far.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you think about the stock? That is the only negative thing I have found so far.

I have a 308, really like it. It is as accurate as I am. The target picture is pretty common with a good shooter. I have had groups same, but not too much bigger than that with some Prvi ammo.

Stock is a little soft, but not spongy. Eventually I would like a McMillian for it. I have heard some negative about the trigger, but mine is great, or maybe I am not good enough to know the difference. I have a match trigger in my ARs and the one in my Remy is as crisp as they are. Not much take up on the trigger, and it breaks cleanly.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 308, really like it. It is as accurate as I am. The target picture is pretty common with a good shooter. I have had groups spme, but not too much bigger than that with some Prvi ammo.

Stock is a little soft, but not spongy. Eventually I would like a McMillian for it. I have heard some negative about the trigger, but mine is great, or maybe I am not good enough to know the difference. I have a match trigger in my ARs and the one in my Remy is as crisp as they are. Not much take up on the trigger, and it breaks cleanly.

Do you know if it is a different trigger than the older model 700's?
Thanks, that helps a lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom