Opinions on the Ruger P95

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChaseOK

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am looking at getting a Ruger P95. I am wondering if anyone has opinions (good or bad) about it they care to share before I pull the trigger so to speak.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carried one for years. Gave it to my sister in trade for a Sig P220 that she just HAD to have only later to find out she couldn't handle the recoil. Wish I had it back. It never failed me EVER.

spacepiggy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one for a while. The first shot has a looooooong trigger pull because it's DA hammer fired. After that it's very light. Replaced it with a Glock. Consistent trigger pull every time, but some folks hate having to rack the slide for the first shot on the Glock. For me the long pull on the P95 meant my first shot was usually off. Shaky hands I guess. I can nail it with the Glock.

gullzway

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love mine. It's accurate, reliable, and has little recoil. Originally bought it to carry, but it is too heavy and bulky IMO. First shot with DA is a bit heavy, but you can just pull the hammer back and fire single action. No plans on ever selling/trading it, and you can't beat the price!

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, they are good guns that offer quality at an affordable price, but personally I don't care for P series pistols.
It's just a personal preference though, nothing bad against the guns.

Z71

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never liked the Rugers much myself..until I owned one..then I couldn't figure out what all the predjudice was about?

The Ruger I own now is a P89..it's a great pistol. Reliable and accurate.

Model 70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pull the trigger! Those things are built like a tank. One of the gun magazines did a 20,000 round test on it a good while back. They loved it. I wish I had not traded mine. That Ruger P95DC in stainless and polymer was special. Pay attention closely to the take down procedure and don't forget to flip down the ejector.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom