Opinions wanted: Progressive reloaders!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing like a good old fashion pizzing contest.
I've owned most of them over the years.
They all worked. Some required a little tinkering, some more.
They are mechanical in nature so all will experience some failure at some point and time.

As had been said the answer is a moving target.
Whatever you get your taste may change and so will your requirements.
Jump in, learn the dark craft, and enjoy it.

cgoodpas

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hello all.

I am interested in learning how to produce my own ammunition, im tired of the inconsistancies of commercially available rounds.

any advice on how to get started?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing like a good old fashion pizzing contest.
I've owned most of them over the years.
They all worked. Some required a little tinkering, some more.
They are mechanical in nature so all will experience some failure at some point and time.

As had been said the answer is a moving target.
Whatever you get your taste may change and so will your requirements.
Jump in, learn the dark craft, and enjoy it.

Sheesh ... you're no fun .at all .. :rolleyes2

;)

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sheesh ... you're no fun .at all ..

This is correct my dear sweet chickadee.

Hello all.

I am interested in learning how to produce my own ammunition, im tired of the inconsistancies of commercially available rounds.

any advice on how to get started?

I think do a little reading online. Get a reloading manual and read the reloading stuff a time or two then get with an experienced reloader if you still have questions.

justinsaneok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drink the Blue coolaid it's refreshing. I have a 550 its great. Brian Enos will set you up with nothing more than you need.

On another note I think you will find you will need a single stage press anyhow. Nice to have for a million different reasons. If I did it all over again I would do it the same and get a Dillon RL550B because it is cheap and easy to change and add calibers and I never heard anything bad about the costumer service from Dillon. Brian Enos has free shipping over $400 bucks and will not sell you a thing you don't need. I do think you will find yourself needing a single stage press for things like push through dies and depriming crimped pockets and other stuff just saying the 550 will do the trick but having a single stage too is a must. I think you will want a few 1050s too, I know I do. LOL I would go with Dillon I spent hours looking into this before I bought and went with the dillon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom