Optics Choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Curious to what y’all are running optics wise? I’ve used a lot of different scopes over the years from BSA all the way up to Nightforce. And for hunting purposes, I really like the Burris Fullfield E1 scopes with the ballistic plex E1 reticle. The reticle has drop hashes along with windage holds for most of your popular hunting rounds. I’ve tested the reticle out to 500 yards and it dead on. And it comes with Burris’ forever warranty which gives you peace of mind. I’m not a sales guy or have any ties to Burris or any other company for that matter. Just thought I would share for those in the market for a new scope and to see what other people enjoy using. Here’s a few pics of the reticle, reticle in the field and drop chart.

3d75fd1b41ec4fbd41c5f121fc5820ef.png

8b4c738d9b7e0b8bc9593528149786ef.jpg

137718ee22c6c6ca66569e0aa8999c4d.jpg

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agree, that's a nice write up. I'm a nikon Monarch fan, and have the hash marks or circles for range, but when the SHTF and deer/elk are moving, everything I've memorized about ranges, etc goes out the window.
I just can't use all that information other than at long range shooting. It's a personal thing.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree, that's a nice write up. I'm a nikon Monarch fan, and have the hash marks or circles for range, but when the SHTF and deer/elk are moving, everything I've memorized about ranges, etc goes out the window.
I just can't use all that information other than at long range shooting. It's a personal thing.

I’m with ya, I tried the nikons, and thought the concept was cool of having exact yardage’s for your reticle. But in the heat of the moment, that goes out the window. That’s why I really like the Burris reticle. Fixed at 100, 200, 300, etc. depending on caliber, +/- a few inches. Makes it pretty quick. I had a nice 8 pt pop up between 2-300. Was able to put him between the 2 and 3 hash and pulled the trigger. Ended up being a heart shot.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All my glass is Bushnell Elite. I kept finding them on sales too good to pass up. Like DH I don't use all the gizmos in the reticle so I just tend to keep it simple.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like my Mil Dots.
But that is what I got used to my yardage is taped to the stock. which tells me what dot at what yardage on what power setting.
But for years i just guesstimated and did just fine. and used 4 plex
Then I began hunting game farther out than 250 yards and so it begins.

Latest posts

Top Bottom