Ordering a TV online....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also used Amazon with the same results.

Me too - bought a 52" LG a few years back thru Amazon; local freight co. delivered it and I helped him set it up and test it. Worked fine for 3 days, then it died. Requested an exchange thru Amazon; they sent another one immediately and same freight guy brought the new one out and picked up the old one for shipment back to Amazon. The second TV is still working great to this day, and I'd buy a big TV from Amazon again in a minute (and probably will).

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I might have to try the price match thing at Best Buy...never thought of that....I will be moving into my new place around this time next month...the wife gave me the go ahead for a new 60" - 70" tv for our new living room....so I have been doing my homework and I can definitely save a few bucks online...but if I can get a price match locally, even better. Thanks for the input guys.

en4cer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered a monitor once from tiger direct. 20" flat screen. Arrived undamaged by UPS so there's an example. It was cheap. There's no way I'd order a $500-$2000 TV thru the mail however. That's just asking for it imo. Yes, insurance and all is nice and probably no problem but last thing I need is another headache to deal with. I'll buy and haul my own, especially if its for a certain occasion. Final4, superbowl, etc...

gunnut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ordered my TV from TigerDirect with free shipping. Great deal and was delivered by freight company. Not UPS or FedEx. They called me to schedule delivery, brought it inside, unboxed it, hooked it up to make sure it worked and nothing was damaged, and took away the trash.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I have ordered 3 TVs through Dell.com. Never had any issues, I think the smaller 32 and 42 inch were delivered by Fed Ex or UPS. The 72" was delivered by a local freight company and it went flawless as well. I kinda liked the local freight company because the driver called when he was heading my way so we didn't have to wait around all day. They delivered within a 15 minute variance from the time I was told the day before when they called to set up a time.,

en4cer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to get my salsa shipped UPS from tx. Guy delivers it to my door with a concerned look on his face everytime. I generally give him a jar after opening which may have a bearing. Local freight out here is beaver. I order nothing but steel that might come via them and am usually amazed they made it concerning transportation.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I might have to try the price match thing at Best Buy...never thought of that....I will be moving into my new place around this time next month...the wife gave me the go ahead for a new 60" - 70" tv for our new living room....so I have been doing my homework and I can definitely save a few bucks online...but if I can get a price match locally, even better. Thanks for the input guys.

http://www.highdefforum.com/

Great place for research.

Latest posts

Top Bottom