Oregon autistic removed from plane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If somebody is willing to buy a meal....why deny it?

A lot of air carriers don't have catering service set up at certain airports, or for certain flights. Hot meal service is set up in advance. Let's say they sold a meal to the woman, but a 1st class passenger on the next leg wasn't able to get a hot meal as a result.

Logistics in commercial air service can be a nightmare. It's not like they can pull through a drive through for a hot meal. Most people don't ever consider these issues, because they don't understand anything about the service they use at the mere click of a mouse. :(

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Assuming the parents didn't plan for food on the flight, this is all on them, not the kid. I have lots of sympathy for the kid. For the parents, not so much.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People love to pin themselves on homemade crosses. Add an airplane into the mix and it gets exponentially worse. People used to dress up to fly and were just thoroughly amazed by the process. Now we show up with our asses hanging out of our pajama pants and shuffle down the aisle in flip flops with our headphones on and expect our $420 ticket to the other side of the fawking continent to include an attendant willing to wipe your ass while we make a Facebook status update on how flying succckkks.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even ignoring the customer service dimension and bad press, one has to wonder how much the meal would have cost the airline vs. how much the fuel burned in the diversion, extra takeoff, etc. cost.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even ignoring the customer service dimension and bad press, one has to wonder how much the meal would have cost the airline vs. how much the fuel burned in the diversion, extra takeoff, etc. cost.

Maybe the flight attendant was telling the truth when he or she said "we don't have a hot meal to serve you"?

Then the first class passenger who got bumped out of a meal would be the one bitching.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"I'm sorry, Mr Dave70968. I know you paid through the nose for your first class ticket, and that ticket includes a meal, but we just sold your meal to the obnoxious parent back in coach. Have some nuts."

Razur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm under the impression that they did give the kid some hot grub, but perhaps at that point the damage was already done, or the kid continued to be disruptive. Again, the family might be used to autistic outbursts, but not everyone is, it could've been a bit freaky to other passengers. Nobody wants to step up and say something like "that kid was howling and thrashing about like a wild animal" for fear of not being sensitive/PC.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"I'm sorry, Mr Dave70968. I know you paid through the nose for your first class ticket, and that ticket includes a meal, but we just sold your meal to the obnoxious parent back in coach. Have some nuts."

Betcha the fuel cost more than even a full refund on the first-class ticket.

"I'm sorry, cmhbob, but there seems to be an issue with your meal. Here's a refund of your ticket price (or a voucher for your next flight). Meanwhile, please enjoy the complimentary liquor."

Latest posts

Top Bottom