OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife is the high school academic UIL coordinator for her school, and her kids placed first in their district a couple weeks ago and quite a few advanced to the regional competition. One of her students is one of the pitchers for the baseball team (who also won their district and will advancing into the play offs), and this young man is an incredible kid and has been recruited by Yale for his academics. The baseball team has a game tomorrow (the same day as regional UIL) to determine what “seed” they are in in the playoffs, but the student chose his UIL events over the ballgame. His coach isn’t happy and tried to make a stink about it, and my wife had to stand up for the kid and remind the coach how many times she’s jumped through hoops for him and his players over the years. Fortunately, the principal is on her side on the issue. This kid will more than likely advance to the state competition in at least a couple of events and has a good chance at getting a metal at state.
I had an issue with a coach when I was in 10th grade and have had a strong dislike for them since, and the fact that they think their stuff is all that matters burns my butt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom