OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They live in Lamesa.
Definitely west TX country then! Be quite a change for you I bet. I moved to western OK after living in east TX and Louisiana basically my whole life, and I do like it better here. No humidity most of the time, way better hunting, etc

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely west TX country then! Be quite a change for you I bet. I moved to western OK after living in east TX and Louisiana basically my whole life, and I do like it better here. No humidity most of the time, way better hunting, etc
Yeah, east TX is miserable right now with all the rain we’ve had. It’s 90* with the humidity at close to 100%. I can’t walk outside without my belt buckle sweating. :rolleyes2
I just looked and the “feels like” temp is 101.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boy howdy it’s a nice day.

Been out working on my garden most of the morning and cleaning up some dead potted berry plants that didn’t survive the winter.

Checked off an item on my ‘Get it done’ list.
Added a solar backup light by the entrance to our scaredy hole.
View attachment 481842

I’ve had them for 2 or 3 years now and just keep forgetting to do it. Ended up just gluing it to the bricks. Cheap azz drill bit petered out.
Gotta use a hammer drill to get those holes in.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I went out yesterday and tried out my new camera and lens, I thought I'd post a couple more pictures today. In both of these two photos, I centered my focus to the back of the furthest left wagon. The first image was with the lens set at 28mm and the second was with it set at 400mm.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like it’s going to work for you Terry. What did you buy?

The camera is the Nikon Z8 (mirrorless camera) and the lens is the Nikkor 28-400mm f/4-8 VR lens. While I have better lenses for the really good photos, a superzoom lens is ideal as a "walk-around" lens that lets a fellow get wide angle and telephoto shots without having to change lenses. Sometimes, by the time one changes lenses, one's subject goes away, such as critters.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As an after thought, I decided to make a post showing the same subject but with different millimeter settings on the lens. I tend to do this with every superzoom that I buy. Since the Land Run statues are out by Bass Pro, their sign became my focus subject.

28mm

50mm

70mm

105mm

200mm

300mm

400mm

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Other than a few more limbs down, I don’t have any major damage after the two storms this morning, but evidently, something really bad happened somewhere around here. Oncor is saying it could be be multiple days before we get power back.😳
Oh well, my gas cans are full, and the generator is running great. I have the frig plugged in now along with the Weboost, Starlink, and an oscillating fan. It’s honestly not horrible, but I’ll be sleeping on the couch in the living room in front of the fan instead of the bed tonight.
Tomorrow’s project is to wire the generator into the breaker box to be able to at least run ceiling fans which is something I should’ve already done. :rolleyes2

Latest posts

Top Bottom