OSA opinion needed, best scope under $400 for AR15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm buying a scope to throw on my 11.5" SBR AR15. Looking to buy quality but I refuse to pay $600+ for an accessory, ya dig? This is mainly going to be used at the Pawnee Run n Gun.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also say Burris TAC30 or MTAC. They have pretty decent Philippine glass (same as Vortex) instead of Chinese like Primary Arms. I don't own a PA scope, but I have enough experience with Chinese glass to know that I don't want it on anything but a plinker. I have used my TAC30 at a bunch of Run 'n Guns and it works great. The BDC reticle is great for either 55/62 grain 5.56 or 147 grain 7.62x51, with hold-overs out to 600 yards.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also say Burris TAC30 or MTAC. They have pretty decent Philippine glass (same as Vortex) instead of Chinese like Primary Arms. I don't own a PA scope, but I have enough experience with Chinese glass to know that I don't want it on anything but a plinker. I have used my TAC30 at a bunch of Run 'n Guns and it works great. The BDC reticle is great for either 55/62 grain 5.56 or 147 grain 7.62x51, with hold-overs out to 600 yards.

I own and have owned a few PA products, and they are what they are. For $400 though you can hit the classifieds and find a nice Vortex PST 1-4 used. Picked mine up several years ago for $400 used, IMO it is the best buy in that price range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom