OSA plumbers, I need help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Professional or shade tree, I don’t care. I’m on the final stretch of this overly long bathroom remodel, and need to throw the toilet in. Went to put my new flange in, and it doesn’t fit. Looks like the OD of my existing plumbing is 3”. I didn’t see a flange that would work at lowes/Home Depot. Suggestions?? Is there a part somewhere that I can use to make this work?
4E8455FA-2866-4695-8C56-35AFBFE7A6B5.jpeg
47AF4ACC-8A19-49C1-B0C7-7EE14FEAD6A9.jpeg

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were doing that job I would make sure the tile was cut back enough and all the thinset and other stuff removed. Then I would use mortar to fill that gap. Then I would insert the flange so it would have something level and flush to sit on. I did a similar job in Moore. No problems many years later. I think I used masonry screws into the new mortar to secure the flange.

But there is a flange that will insert into your pipe. See link from my last post.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were doing that job I would make sure the tile was cut back enough and all the thinset and other stuff removed. Then I would use mortar to fill that gap. Then I would insert the flange so it would have something level and flush to sit on. I did a similar job in Moore. No problems many years later. I think I used masonry screws into the new mortar to secure the flange.

But there is a flange that will insert into your pipe. See link from my last post.
Montessa's right. It shouldn't be sitting on tile. You should get a screwdriver out and pop some of those up so it has room to sit flat on the floor. Up off the floor like that, screwed through the tile, it's bound to wobble at the least, and leak at the worst. Just my 2 cents.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Montessa's right. It shouldn't be sitting on tile. You should get a screwdriver out and pop some of those up so it has room to sit flat on the floor. Up off the floor like that, screwed through the tile, it's bound to wobble at the least, and leak at the worst. Just my 2 cents.
Yes but instead of a screw driver I would mark where the edge of the flange will be and use an angle grinder with diamond blade to make a nice round hole. Not necessary but it looks nicer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom