OSA Victims of Tornado

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is terrible. I have no words to describe my feeling of your losses. I've been numb for the last two days. Traveled through Shawnee and Carney today. Our state has had enough.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know how those that lost their homes feel. In 2004 my home was destroyed in a storm. I was more furtunate than most of this storms victims as only the roof was taken of the house. Most of my stuff was still there. I have been praying for them.

I can tell you that I was changed by that experience. I had tried to live my life by taking care of myself and doing what I needed done. I learned that sometimes you have to let others help you.

There was a few minutes that I thought my son had died in the storm. I wasn't home and I was trying to keep in contact with my wife. One garbled message didn't come out the way it was said. The emotions that I had during the next few weeks were the hardest part for me to deal with. My son and wife and nephew was in the bathtub when it hit.

My oldest son and I had been in the panhandle shooting prairie dogs that day.

When I hear of people losing their homes in a storm I feel a lot of those things again. It makes me pray even more for them. One of my neighbors had lost another home west of Kingfisher on May 3rd 1999 and was going through their third tornado cleanup in five years. They had a son that lost a home in Cordell in between the two of their own. That man had some insight that I found to be true.

He told me that after you get a new place to live and get settled in you will be able to look around and take stock of what you have and you will see that you are better off than you were. He said that standing in the wreckage of his house and he knew it would be true. I pray that all of these people will be blessed that way too.

RatTerrier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RatTerrier checkin in. I live 10 houses west of Plaza, lost it all. Me, my son and dog are all safe.

i329.photobucket.com_albums_l382_RatTerrier1369_IMAG1566_zps1dcf619b.jpg

Spec

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is just so tragic. My love and prayers are with you all and of your families. Volunteered yesterday and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The Oklahoma family/community is one of the greatest I have ever seen. So much love

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am so sorry guys. I will continue to pray for you guys. I wanted to let y'all know about a friend of mine that lost his auto repair shop in Moore. He leased the space and didn't have insurance on his tools. He has retrieved many of them but some are just gone to both the tornado and looters. Because he isn't in a neighborhood it wasn't as secure. I'd like to see him get some more business to get him back on his feet. His shop is called Alan's Auto Repair and Exhaust at 200 SE 8th St in Moore‎. He obviously isn't working on cars right this minute but will be soon if anyone needs car work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom