OSBI: Clinton teacher admits to having sex with student during walkout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or maybe you weren't in the loop as much as you thought... :D

Things were just different 30-40 years ago. I have a family law book from that era that indicates a juvenile male 14 or older generally wouldn't be considered a victim of statutory rape by a woman.

Again... 14-17yr old boys are just hound dogs. I know because I was one. :D

Yes and knowing that what kind of concern and oversight is there when this is considered ok for a teacher? This is the teacher busted in Yukon a few months back.
Hunter-Day-Instagram.png

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
That damned liability insurance must be through the roof in some districts. :anyone:
How is suing a district going to help a child that has been molested. A parent wanting to making money off of their child's pain is criminal.
The teacher needs to go to jail, if the child needs counselling, the district should be held liable for it. If the crime has long term financial results the district should be held liable or ta that too.
I am not so sure the tax payer should be held accountable for the actions of an employee, provided the district had no way of knowimg that there was a problem.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is suing a district going to help a child that has been molested. A parent wanting to making money off of their child's pain is criminal.
The teacher needs to go to jail, if the child needs counselling, the district should be held liable for it. If the crime has long term financial results the district should be held liable or ta that too.
I am not so sure the tax payer should be held accountable for the actions of an employee, provided the district had no way of knowimg that there was a problem.

I had to look at that twice, and may look at it again after I go to sleep.

I dunno. You tell me.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Read the articles I posted. We're talking about years of widespread systemic cover ups. Here's a 2004 GAO report that estimates almost 10% of students have been subject to sexual misconduct. This stuff has been known to happen for years and for the last few years or more on the news quite a bit but yeah none of the administration or other teachers could ever have a clue these things happen right?

https://edsource.org/2014/schools-f...by-school-personnel-federal-report-says/57023

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Read the articles I posted. We're talking about years of widespread systemic cover ups. Here's a 2004 GAO report that estimates almost 10% of students have been subject to sexual misconduct. This stuff has been known to happen for years and for the last few years or more on the news quite a bit but yeah none of the administration or other teachers could ever have a clue these things happen right?

https://edsource.org/2014/schools-f...by-school-personnel-federal-report-says/57023
How is taking money from taxpayers going to prevent children from being molested?

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is taking money from taxpayers going to prevent children from being molested?

Maybe we should hold other teachers, support staff and administrators who can be shown to have had knowledge of the abuse or misconduct and did not report it, or take action to stop it, to be held criminally liable for their action -- or inaction -- as it may be.

Although I personally believe that the district ought to be held financially liable for any damages associated with the misconduct, such as counseling, medical and psychiatric care, etc. for the student and immediate family members. I'd even consider throwing in financial compensation for families for lost wages and damages incurred to relocate if they chose to do so, rather than keep their child in that environment.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom