OSU vs Savannah State - who scheduled this fiasco?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's hilarious when people say your a fan but didn't go to school there or you jumped on the band wagon and you never even stepped a foot on campus. That's the point, of course if you went to school there(Alumni) you should be a fan. The goal is pull in new fans and people outside of the ones that went to school there. So if your not constantly gaining new fans then you've actually failed. If OSU continues to have a winning program each year they will continue to gain fans outside of Alumni, OU has just been winning for years now therefore gaining new fans longer.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a coach, are you going to tell your guys "no, you can't score! When you get to the end zone don't cross the line!".

Bob Stoops did exactly that a few years back against Texas A&M. It was a real similar game to this one. Coming out from half time Stoops benched the entire starting squad I think. Paul Thompson went in and I actually think it was worse on A&M because Thompson was so much more mobile than Jason White. Late they had the ball in the red zone on the endzone that I was sitting behind and were pretty much calling all running plays. Thompson ran the ball, got to the corner and turn towards the end zone. There was nobody to stop him and he did a baseball slide to stay out of the end zone. I almost think they were telling A&M what they were gonna do. A&M stopped them on the next play, but they eventually scored anyway.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all the screwed up scheduling with the realignment of the conferences, why couldn't the teams that changed up play each other still? OU/OSU could have still played Nebraska, Missouri or that Texas team that left, unless magically they are unable to come here now. Seems better than taking on teams that most of our high schools could beat. If there is a reason we couldn't play them I would like to know

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all the screwed up scheduling with the realignment of the conferences, why couldn't the teams that changed up play each other still? OU/OSU could have still played Nebraska, Missouri or that Texas team that left, unless magically they are unable to come here now. Seems better than taking on teams that most of our high schools could beat. If there is a reason we couldn't play them I would like to know

feel free to read the article I linked earlier in the thread

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That article did talk about how many of the teams that were available to play would only do so for an exorbitant amount of money, or just flat out refused. I'd assume some of those better teams that you mentioned fall into that category. Most teams aren't interested in playing a potential loss that they don't have to play.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.355nation.net_forum_attachments_south_east_thread_archivesabde9d8c6f945fd339d9c65899dfa1fe.jpg

This thread needed a diversion...

pistolpete2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't read the entire thread but whoever scheduled this game must've been the same person who scheduled the Florida A&M game vs OU this coming weekend. Why you ask?? Because Savannah State and Florida A&M are from the same conference.

I would've liked a more competitive game too, but with realignment and everything else going on we had to get someone to fill the first non-conference game and poor ol' Savannah State happened to be that someone.

ranchking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While Florida A&M and Savanah State are indeed in the same conference they can hardly be compared as equals. S State

has won 2 games the last 2 years. Last years lone victory was by a whopping 3 points. OU's next opponent Florida A&M

has been playing football since 1907. They defeated the University of Miami in 1979. Their record for the last 4 years is

32-13. With two of those victories being over Savanah State the last two years 47-7 and 31-0. Same conference but two

very different teams.............

pistolpete2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While Florida A&M and Savanah State are indeed in the same conference they can hardly be compared as equals. S State

has won 2 games the last 2 years. Last years lone victory was by a whopping 3 points. OU's next opponent Florida A&M

has been playing football since 1907. They defeated the University of Miami in 1979. Their record for the last 4 years is

32-13. With two of those victories being over Savanah State the last two years 47-7 and 31-0. Same conference but two

very different teams.............

I know they're different. I never said they were the same team. I was simply stating that they are in the exact same FCS lower tier conference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom