OSU vs Savannah State - who scheduled this fiasco?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always love how when gooners get called out and they realize how much they look like jackasses always backpeddle and say things like " oh, hey, I am super glad OSU is doing better" right after they quote a bedlam stat....

I never said OSU didn't make some mistakes, but OU continues to get away with it. Gas cards, free houses, hell OU players get a pass when they drive drunk and end up putting a car through a living room, but hey, boomer sooner, right?

If you have actual ties to the school and you want to be a super fan, sure go ahead. 90 percent of the sooner fans out there never stepped one foot on campus but they act like they built the place with their own two hands. Gooners are the worst type of fan, and they are the reason that OSU fans cant stand OU. Not because of the records or any of that. OU fans are hateful, mean and disgusting. I had an experience on the OU campus for a bedlam basketball game. I had friend who was an OSU player and he left some tickets for my wife and I at will call. The OU box office refused to honor them. They were issued by OU, bu they were OSU player family/friend tickets and my wife and I had driven an hour and a half to go to the game. THe majority of OU fans that I know personally are @ssholes.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always love how when gooners get called out and they realize how much they look like jackasses always backpeddle and say things like " oh, hey, I am super glad OSU is doing better" right after they quote a bedlam stat....

Wait a sec....calling someone names like "gooner" doesn't make someone look like a jackass but the use of statistics does? Furthermore, why can't a Sooner fan be proud of OU's performance in the rivalry and STILL be proud of OSU? OU will always be my favorite team and OSU will hold down the #2 spot. If you can't deal with that reality, too bad. I'll continue to cheer for OSU every game of the season except for when they face OU.

I never said OSU didn't make some mistakes, but OU continues to get away with it. Gas cards, free houses, hell OU players get a pass when they drive drunk and end up putting a car through a living room, but hey, boomer sooner, right?

Oh yes...I'm sure OSUs sainted players receive no preferential treatment and ALL of their wrongdoing is a complete thing of the past. To point out an ugly part of college sports and pretend that it only happens at schools you don't like is naive.

http://www.newson6.com/story/18598830/osu-football-player-arrested-in-tahlequah

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2012/08/oklahoma-state-player-charged-with-punching-woman-in-face/1#.UERTW0IXu18

If you have actual ties to the school and you want to be a super fan, sure go ahead. 90 percent of the sooner fans out there never stepped one foot on campus but they act like they built the place with their own two hands. Gooners are the worst type of fan, and they are the reason that OSU fans cant stand OU. Not because of the records or any of that. OU fans are hateful, mean and disgusting. I had an experience on the OU campus for a bedlam basketball game. I had friend who was an OSU player and he left some tickets for my wife and I at will call. The OU box office refused to honor them. They were issued by OU, bu they were OSU player family/friend tickets and my wife and I had driven an hour and a half to go to the game. THe majority of OU fans that I know personally are @ssholes.

Now this one doesn't really apply to me (I did in fact graduate from OU) but it still needs to be addressed. I'm sure all OSU fans hate OU fans. You must be right (sarcasm font needed). Seriously...did you just take one anecdote about an incompetent person (news flash...they're everywhere, OU doesn't have the market cornered) and submit a ridiculously small sample size (the majority of OU fans that you personally know) to prove a broad sweeping statement that "OU fans are hateful, mean, and disgusting"? Furthermore, are you REALLY going to pretend that all OSU fans attended classes there?

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So those of us (I'm sure there are several here) not fortunate to attend college are not allowed to be fans?
Gosh, I guess if we don't live in Dallas we can't be Cowboys fans either?
Oh well there's always NASCAR. No wait. I cant afford 750 hp engines so thats out too.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I did not graduate from OU, but this will be my 17th year as a season ticket holder, guess I'm not really a fan?

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm laughing at the fact that nobody apparently read the news article. If OSU didn't take the Savanna State game, then the Cowboys wouldn't have had their 3 non-conference games thats required by the NCAA. These schedules are set 3-5 years in advance, but with all the conference realignments, contracts and schedules were broken all across the league. OSU literally didn't get this game scheduled til April.

All the naysayers can gripe an moan all they want, won't bother me any. I think what Gundy did with the players was the right thing to do. How can anybody say they ran up the score on SS intentionally? He pulled the starters at the 7 minute mark. By the start of the fourth quarter, he had everyone from fourth and fifth teams playing. And they were still scoring. As a coach, are you going to tell your guys "no, you can't score! When you get to the end zone don't cross the line!". That would be so blatantly obvious, it would be disrespectful to the other team and you would be a mockery on national tv. This was an excellent experience for the back roster players to be able to prove what they can do. It gives Savanna State much needed cash. Was it great for OSU's program? I don't think so, but when that's all you can get to play at the last minute, you have to work with what you got. We'll find out next week what the team is really made of when OSU plays Arizona as part of their week preseason schedule.

Just for grins... OSU isn't the only team to pick on Savanna State this year... If I remember right, they play Florida State next followed by Georgia.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sheesh, Old Phart! You're just not into the thread. You've got to try to be more caustic.

I started this thread asking who started this fiasco. That was early in the first quarter. A fiasco it turned out to be. Then someone posted the article that explained the machinations involved. I accept that; not happy with it, but I accept it.

Now where did all this mid-season tribal crap come from. Let it go for awhile.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not happy with the game either but, I understand why it happened. I believe it was handled the best way it could have been as well.

Ride 'em Cowboys!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Right because you've acted with such class in this thread. I mean, calling people names and lying about what REALLY happens at OU games might help provide some foundation for your bitterness but it only makes youre comments look hypocritical.

Don't see the problem with tickets either. During bedlam, I highly doubt freebies are a priority to OU.... I know for a fact that the same goes at OSU for bedlam football tickets....sounds like your friend didn't have his facts straight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom