Out of State CCW Training

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjrocks

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see people having CCW classes here in OK for the Utah CCW license. The one problem I see with it is that it may alienate OK officials as it has done in New Mexico. It is my understanding that New Mexico does not honor the Utah CCW at this time because the New Mexico license is more difficult to get than the CCW license in Utah, so locals are taking the Utah classes when New Mexico wants locals to take their state CCW classes.

If I am wrong let me know, we do not want wars between the states over the CCW license, we want all states honored in every state.

My 2 cents, Tom

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People take the class for many reasons; one of those is that if or when they move the lic. will move with them at no additional cost. The resident Ok lic. will not move with you for example. Renewal cost is another reason people get the UT lic. $10 is rather inexpensive renewal vs. what many states charge.

The reasons people get the ones they do is personal. I find it sad that a state would view the collection of funds drawn form lic fee's as a reason not to honor a permit which is issued for individual safety. The UT lic also includes more states than some peoples home state.

Some feel that a permit should only be honored if there is a shooting requirement. First I am of the opinion that the shooting requirement of most states is minimal at best, and second the 2nd amendment does not have a shooting requirement either. Pointing a .22 in a safe direction and hitting a close target does not prepare the new lic. Holder for anything. I question if they will even remember how to load a magazine properly in a week. Training is the responsibility of the individual lic holder. The lic. Holder in morally, ethically and financially responsible.

How many restrictions does one see as reasonable? By what definition is this reason based on?

Restrictions on what is defined as a right, can easily remove the right, or make it unobtainable. The fee alone may place the permit beyond the reach of those who live in an area where the crime rate is so high that they may be in the most need for such permission.

But what do I know... I am just a guy with an opinion

Latest posts

Top Bottom