Out of State Gun Show attendance question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Usually, and OK is one of them, a border state can sell a gun (Long Gun) to a resident of that state depending on each state's laws. So I've gone to TX, and bought long guns there, and walked out of the establishment (after 4473) with them. I've bought pistols in TX too, but those had to be sent to an FFL.
You can follow up with each state to see what their laws are...it's usually an interwebs search and/or a phone call.

Six states border OK - CO, NM KS, MO, AR, and TX.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Six states border OK - CO, NM KS, MO, AR, and TX.
I always wonder about these things too, or just buying guns in other states. Occasionally I’ll find something I have to have, but I’m in another state. A while back I found an M6 survival rifle for sale in a pawn shop in Colorado. I wanted it, but the lady at the shop didn’t know if she could sell it to me. I frankly didn’t know either.

Exactly. One of the reasons I asked it is because living in Guymon and driving to the nearest point on the state line I am very close to 4 different States.

21 miles from Kansas

14 miles from Texas

51 miles from Colorado

90 miles from New Mexico.

Latest posts

Top Bottom