Outdoor America update.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sounds like a management problem

Not really. I was just talking to another dealer last week and he was telling me that he wanted to have about a dozen various Glocks, and some other stuff to sell. He can't get any from the distributors. These days with the demand so high, you have to have the big bucks and be able to place really, really large orders or you ain't getting anything other than a dribble here and there.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not really. I was just talking to another dealer last week and he was telling me that he wanted to have about a dozen various Glocks, and some other stuff to sell. He can't get any from the distributors. These days with the demand so high, you have to have the big bucks and be able to place really, really large orders or you ain't getting anything other than a dribble here and there.

hmmmm....interesting

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went by OAS today and the sign is still down from one of the recent storms that came through, they are supposed to be getting it replaced any time now. As for the business itself, they do appear to be struggling to get inventory but they are getting some. They have gotten in some M&P's and they have have Glocks in .40 S&W. Supposed to be getting a load of Glocks by the end of the month. The AR rack is full. They have a boat load of ammo too. Are they where they were two years ago, nope. But they are better off than they were two months ago. I don't buy the inability to get guns from the distributors at this point, I believe OAS is having cash flow problems. I hope they can pull it out.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in there a few months ago during the remodeling. I would have posted this then, but I joined OSA since then and didn't see this thread until tonight.

I work just a few miles from there, so I stopped in at lunch one day when I started my search for a carry weapon. I was browsing the counter when I walked by an employee talking to another customer. I heard him tell the customer that Obama had said he would do everything he could to restrict gun ownership. I hadn't heard any such thing and was surprised he said that. He than said he was afraid that Obama would send the military to confiscate guns from Americans. Being retired military I immediately spoke up and said, "Military personnel won't follow illegal orders". He kind of shrugged his shoulders and kept talking to the customer. I asked him when he heard that statement by Obama and he replied, "On the news". I said "Bull$hit, he never said that". He asked if I wanted to leave. I said yes, and you won't see me back here.

When I got back to work I looked up the statement about Obama restricting the 2A. It was actually said by an NRA official at an NRA gathering. It was his opinion about Obama's goals during a 2nd term.

I won't be buying weapons from people that think lying is a sales strategy.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped by there this morning.

The sign says they open for business at 9:15am.
It was 9:36am and the doors were still locked.

I went to H&H and never came back to see if outdoor america was open for business.
It's a shame. I used to buy a gun there every now and then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom