Overheard at the gun counter....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some gun store employees are a myriad of knowledge on a vast array of firearms...

...in SE Oklahoma speak: They know their s#!t.

I worked as a part time RSO years ago at Flatwoods Outfitters in NC. The owner, the other gun counter guy, and the other two RSOs were encyclopedias on most everything guns.

That being said...I’ve seen more idiots behind the counter than I'd ever care to. They run many customers off with their aggressive ignorance, and can turn new enthusiasts away with poor advice. I see more of this at big box sporting goods stores, but it still exists in small gunshops too. I literally watched a sloth of a customer and a dork of an employee try to one up each other on the largest deer they shot one day at a Dicks (before they went virtue signalling) in NC. I walked away before they finished, but the whitetail was OVER 500lbs by that point.
it was a spike
1638982531546.png

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some gun store employees are a myriad of knowledge on a vast array of firearms...

I worked as a part time RSO years ago at Flatwoods Outfitters in NC. The owner, the other gun counter guy, and the other two RSOs were encyclopedias on most everything guns.

That being said...I’ve seen more idiots behind the counter than I'd ever care to. They run many customers off with their aggressive ignorance, and can turn new enthusiasts away with poor advice. I see more of this at big box sporting goods stores, but it still exists in small gunshops too. I literally watched a sloth of a customer and a dork of an employee try to one up each other on the largest deer they shot one day at a Dicks (before they went virtue signalling) in NC. I walked away before they finished, but the whitetail was OVER 500lbs by that point.
LOL! That story must have taken at least 3 "doobies" and a 12 pack to go from 150 pounds to 500!!

xtremerange

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Deer-zilla!

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Kinda reminds me of the joke that ended "Really lady, you can call it a deer if you want to. Just put the rifle down and let me get my saddle off of him!!!"

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another pet peeve of mine now that we're on the topic of exaggerated deer for a moment. ..

...dudes sitting five feet or more behind their trophy. "That's a lovely 600lb ten point you have there Chet...be a shame if the meat spoiled by the time you walked back to it after taking the photo".

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda reminds me of the joke that ended "Really lady, you can call it a deer if you want to. Just put the rifle down and let me get my saddle off of him!!!"
The version I heard goes something like this...

A guy takes his wife deer hunting for the first time. He puts her in a nice spot and tells her if she shoots a deer, he will hear her shot and will be there as quick as he can.

So he goes a little ways down the trail, and after a little while he hears a shot. So he heads back up to trail as quickly as he can.

As he gets closer to the spot where he left his wife, he hears all kinds of screaming and cussing coming from her. As he gets closer, he sees that she is yelling at and holding her gun on a nervous looking cowboy, who is saying, "Fine lady! It's your deer! But can I just get my saddle off of it??"

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I worked at Dicks in KC. I caught a guy trying to load a Mossberg 20 GA by pushing the brass end into the mag tube backwards, not sure if he wanted to be an active shooter or just too stupid to own a gun, I flipped out on him, yet Mics and management let him buy the gun, okiedokie

Latest posts

Top Bottom