Overheard at the gun counter....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a side note, was in H&H earlier. Some powders in stock (nothing I can't live without) averaging 61 dollars and change per pound. Primers (all pistol except for the 41s) 13 dollars a hundred. Must be planning on renovations soon with that kind of mark up.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at Wannenmachers 4-5 years ago and bought a S&W 439 in perfect condition for 250.00 from some obviously “non gun savy” folks that had 4 people sitting behind 1 table with no cover and a rope running long ways around with 12-14 guns zip tied to rope, I saw it, paid and took off before they changed their minds and when I got a few tables away I racked the slide and it was loaded with a full mag, I went back to inform them to check the others and they just laughed at it, A buddy of mine was working as a safety guy and I called him over and he chewed their ass and then helped them check the rest. Shoulda booted them out the door for thinking it was funny !

I'd be curious about running that serial number to see if it was hot.

Your story sets off many of the alarms.

If it checks out okay, good score.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a side note, was in H&H earlier. Some powders in stock (nothing I can't live without) averaging 61 dollars and change per pound. Primers (all pistol except for the 41s) 13 dollars a hundred. Must be planning on renovations soon with that kind of mark up.

I hope they sit on them until prices are so low elsewhere that they have to take a loss.

It won't happen, but a guy can hope.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope they sit on them until prices are so low elsewhere that they have to take a loss.

It won't happen, but a guy can hope.
I would pretty well bet that they could drop the price 50% and still not take a loss. I have no love for H&H prices, range, or staff attitudes.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be curious about running that serial number to see if it was hot.

Your story sets off many of the alarms.

If it checks out okay, good score.
It was an estate they were liquidating, nothing really good except the one I bought.
I walked by there later in the day and they had sold all but a couple and only 2 of the 4 people were still there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom