PA Women Arrested in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have ever lived on the East Coast, you would understand. They don't think like us.

While I sympathize with Americans who live under counter-Constitutional governments, I understand them less and less. There are other places in America--better places--where you don't have to live under daily tyranny and danger. I just don't get it.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is as stupid as acting like you didn't know it would be illegal to cross into Oklahoma from Colorado with an ounce of weed you legally purchased in Denver. :homer:

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But perfectly legal on the State level. Stay off federal property and you will be fine.

I think the above is incorrect - Federal law of this type is applicable everywhere, since the general category has been found to be subject, by the Courts, to Federal jurisdiction. State law enforcement officers may no longer pursue those activities but Federal agents certainly can.

An analogy would be income tax - if your State is a no income tax State does that mean that not obeying Federal tax laws is OK in that State? Of course not. Nor does it mean that taxes are only paid if you work on a Federal installation or for the Federal government.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I think the above is incorrect - Federal law of this type is applicable everywhere, since the general category has been found to be subject, by the Courts, to Federal jurisdiction. State law enforcement officers may no longer pursue those activities but Federal agents certainly can.

An analogy would be income tax - if your State is a no income tax State does that mean that not obeying Federal tax laws is OK in that State? Of course not. Nor does it mean that taxes are only paid if you work on a Federal installation or for the Federal government.

Your analogy makes no sense. It is legal to purchase MJ in the State of Colorado. Going off your thinking, we should just abolish all State .govs and just fall under Federal jurisdiction for all local laws.

Stay off Federal land and you can smoke and purchase all you want because the Colorado .gov has said it is legal to do so.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your analogy makes no sense. It is legal to purchase MJ in the State of Colorado. Going off your thinking, we should just abolish all State .govs and just fall under Federal jurisdiction for all local laws.

Stay off Federal land and you can smoke and purchase all you want because the Colorado .gov has said it is legal to do so.

No, what I said doesn't mean we abolish all State laws - it means that there are concurrent Federal and State jurisdictions on certain matters and that even if a State no longer has a legal penalty for some act, as long as it is a matter of at least concurrent Federal jurisdiction, then the Federal laws can be enforced - with or without any State action and not just on Federal property. The income tax analogy fits very well - even if your State has no income tax the Federal tax is still collected. Likewise, even if your State has no law on a specific subject (like drug possession) IF there is a valid Federal law then it can be enforced anywhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom