Palmetto State Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would this effect your decision on your next budget AR build?

• Total voters

TayHick05

New to the site!
Reaction score
I've built multiple ARs. Ive built a spikes, dpms, an Anderson. I have not had any issues what so ever. I thought I'd give PSA a shot (with the prices, it's hard not to consider). It took just over a week to get my rifle kit and lower in.

Upon first inspection the quality looked comparable to other entry level materials. When I started to build the lower, everything was as it should be. I had everything complete except the bolt catch. The bolt catch plunger got stuck in it hole with the correct spring behind it. I hopped on the forums and suggests pointed to contact the manufacture. I called PSA with a response of the plunger would be replaced but they would receive it if I shipped it to have it fixed. The customer service rep said I installed their parts incorrectly (a damn lie) and there was nothing they would do. I decided to handle it myself. I punched a center hole and drilled the plunger out myself with minimal marring. I was able to solve the issues myself without the help of their **** customer service and **** parts.

I've since learned they use cheap China parts, which fit like slop. I will never buy another item from Palmetto State Armory. I will also do my damnedist to pass on the word of their **** products. If your wanting to save money, buy Anderson. Better quality, better customer service, better gun.

Last edited:

okmedic

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I love their FN barreled uppers and have quite a few. No issues with them at all. But piss on their lowers. However, my best friend has many with no issues. I will say that their customer service is absolute crap!!

They are just making as much money as fast as they can. Their customer service used to be way better, but as of late it's become horrible. Sorry you had the issue but glad you were able to get it resolved yourself.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Their customer service and shipping times suck.

Having said that I built a 9mm ar over Christmas and it functions flawlessly.

It took me FOREVER to get the upper though.

I am done with PSA.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, I had to shorten grip screws on a couple Anderson lowers because the holes weren't deep enough.
They were all busy trying to crank out as much product as they could in the latter part of last year.
QC kinda went to crap.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im sorry you had issues, everyone does with their ars sometimes. I know of a member on here that had issues with their brand new Springfield armory saint. I use PSA and so far havent had any issues, but t thats not to say they dont happen.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Im sorry you had issues, everyone does with their ars sometimes. I know of a member on here that had issues with their brand new Springfield armory saint. I use PSA and so far havent had any issues, but t thats not to say they dont happen.
Yep, I've had issues with Spikes lowers also. The take down pin holes were not aligned very well. Made for a super tight fit. I had to work the pin hole over with a small round file.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have built or helped build several PSA rifles. The only one I had an issue with was with a PTAC LPK when that "economic" line came out. I would never recommend anything but their "Premium" line. Am am curious about what parts are made in China. It wouldn't surprise me if it was one of their economic lines but I would be shocked if it was anything else.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a psa upper and it works just fine, and I have helped assemble a few psa lowers using their lpks, it's cheap but works, on both of them I have had to run a tap through the grip screw hole and a few other minor fittings. On all of my personal builds I have used spikes lowers and seekins parts with a mix of delton (or whoever the shop sold me for $65). My last one I did a spikes with a seekins builder kit and an alg trigger and I think that's my favorite combo so far.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just don't understand how the bolt catch plunger got stuck... was it too big? If that's the case, did you have to force it in to begin with? Maybe I'm missing something when I'm visualizing this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom