Part II: Biggest bullet you killed a Deer with.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never hunted deer in my life. I have been deer finding though.

1973 Ford Ranchero at 65 MPH in Harper County. Damn thing fit right into the front grill, knocking the radiator into the engine thus killing both the deer and the Ford. I hit the deer so hard it blew the stomach out of her mouth.

1695275077577.png

The second time I was on patrol in the county, hit a hill and saw about 50 glowing pairs of eyeballs. I locked up the brakes and missed all of them.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In 2001, I bought a brand new Ford F350 4 door 4x4 flatbed for work and put a Ranch Hand grill guard on it, and I was helping my wife out by picking up the boys from school one day and had a teen age girl pull out of the school parking lot and hit me on the left front quarter panel. The way she hit the grill guard “wing” did more damage than the little car. I had a buddy whose daughter showed cattle with us that ran a body shop, and he did some finagling and got me a Ranch Hand full front end replacement bumper from the insurance company. I can‘t remember exactly how many deer I hit with that truck, but when I traded trucks in 2004, I took the bumper off and put it on my new truck. Again, I can’t remember exactly how many deer I hit with that truck, but when I traded trucks again in 2006, I moved the bumper to that truck. During those years, I was traveling a lot for work and driving 50k+/- miles a year, and between those 3 trucks, I had 9 confirmed deer kills with that bumper with absolutely no damage done to any of the trucks.
I have and will have Ranch Hand front end replacements on every truck I ever own.

Trung Si Ma

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do moose count? 155mm HE Round with time fuse. 1979 shooting artillery in the tidal flats at Fort Richardson, AK. The Fire Direction Center took a really long time to compute the data and for the guns to become safe. They said SHOT (means round has been fired) just as a moose walked out from behind a small ridge. You can not imagine the paperwork that we had to fill out over that "firing incident".

I've also chased buffalo with 81mm mortars at Ft Greeley, AK. When the fuses are set to DELAY they send a column of ice 25m or so into the air. The buffalo know exactly how close they can get to the impact area but we still had fun until we got to the edge of our safety fans.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
In 2001, I bought a brand new Ford F350 4 door 4x4 flatbed for work and put a Ranch Hand grill guard on it, and I was helping my wife out by picking up the boys from school one day and had a teen age girl pull out of the school parking lot and hit me on the left front quarter panel. The way she hit the grill guard “wing” did more damage than the little car. I had a buddy whose daughter showed cattle with us that ran a body shop, and he did some finagling and got me a Ranch Hand full front end replacement bumper from the insurance company. I can‘t remember exactly how many deer I hit with that truck, but when I traded trucks in 2004, I took the bumper off and put it on my new truck. Again, I can’t remember exactly how many deer I hit with that truck, but when I traded trucks again in 2006, I moved the bumper to that truck. During those years, I was traveling a lot for work and driving 50k+/- miles a year, and between those 3 trucks, I had 9 confirmed deer kills with that bumper with absolutely no damage done to any of the trucks.
I have and will have Ranch Hand front end replacements on every truck I ever own.
Did the trooper or game warden tag the deer for you?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do moose count? 155mm HE Round with time fuse. 1979 shooting artillery in the tidal flats at Fort Richardson, AK. The Fire Direction Center took a really long time to compute the data and for the guns to become safe. They said SHOT (means round has been fired) just as a moose walked out from behind a small ridge. You can not imagine the paperwork that we had to fill out over that "firing incident".

I've also chased buffalo with 81mm mortars at Ft Greeley, AK. When the fuses are set to DELAY they send a column of ice 25m or so into the air. The buffalo know exactly how close they can get to the impact area but we still had fun until we got to the edge of our safety fans.
You win!

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
30-06. Took out the heart and right lung, exited into the dirt underneath from about 70 yards out. The thing still ran about 100 yards before collapsing. Of course it headed straight DOWN HILL. I had to drag it through brush, back uphill for what felt like a million miles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom