Lightest bullet you killed a deer with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think your a liar. I just think your imagination strays away from the truth quite often. How far does one shoot a deer with a 20 ga load of #6 shot and only hit it with one pellet with enough energy to kill a deer.
Not any memory loss or strayed imagination only facts of what happened.
Not about energy it is about shot placement and penetration.
I am not proud of it but it happened.

It was a 45 yard shot at a deer running that was pushed by 3 other hunters out of a field.
Lets think about energy for a moment on that mule deer killed with a pellet gun.
https://idfg.idaho.gov/press/mule-deer-buck-illegally-killed-pellet-gun-pocatello
https://www.google.com/search?clien...ate=ive&vld=cid:d577bf68,vid:ZCX4zBchsN0,st:0
Double lunged with a tiny .177 pellet.
Many people have died from being accidentally shot with a BB gun.
A simple google will show those results. Not energy that killed them it is penetration in the right spot.

Tim Wells blow dart hunting is interesting, not an energy thing there either.

But legal and humane deer or hog kill I love the 55 V-Max.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not any memory loss or strayed imagination only facts of what happened.
Not about energy it is about shot placement and penetration.
I am not proud of it but it happened.

It was a 45 yard shot at a deer running that was pushed by 3 other hunters out of a field.
Lets think about energy for a moment on that mule deer killed with a pellet gun.
https://idfg.idaho.gov/press/mule-deer-buck-illegally-killed-pellet-gun-pocatello
https://www.google.com/search?clien...ate=ive&vld=cid:d577bf68,vid:ZCX4zBchsN0,st:0
Double lunged with a tiny .177 pellet.
Many people have died from being accidentally shot with a BB gun.
A simple google will show those results. Not energy that killed them it is penetration in the right spot.

Tim Wells blow dart hunting is interesting, not an energy thing there either.

But legal and humane deer or hog kill I love the 55 V-Max.
You went with 55 gr v-Max in earlier post. Then all of of sudden remembered your most dramatic first deer kill with one #6 pellet at 45 yds. I knew when you posted the 55 gr V-Max post that you would come through and top it. Just surprised at how long it took. My Bad

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Strange things happen in the field.

Out quail hunting, kicked up a coyote. It was quartering away. Papa lets a 16 ga load 7 1/2s fly @ 40-45 yards. Coyote folds like he hit a trip rope. One little drop of blood in soft spot right behind his ear.

My buddy put 7 body shots into a doe @ 70 yards, with a .308 Norma Mag. Doe didn't flinch. After last shot, doe slowly turns and walks into woods. He followed trail about 100 yards, sees doe and starts towards. Gets within 15 feet and doe gets up. .357 to the head ended it.
All 7 shots, to the ribs and out. Never hit bone, muscle, heart or anything solid. Bullets blew through and out, without expanding. Little blood or damage.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Strange things happen in the field.

Out quail hunting, kicked up a coyote. It was quartering away. Papa lets a 16 ga load 7 1/2s fly @ 40-45 yards. Coyote folds like he hit a trip rope. One little drop of blood in soft spot right behind his ear.

My buddy put 7 body shots into a doe @ 70 yards, with a .308 Norma Mag. Doe didn't flinch. After last shot, doe slowly turns and walks into woods. He followed trail about 100 yards, sees doe and starts towards. Gets within 15 feet and doe gets up. .357 to the head ended it.
All 7 shots, to the ribs and out. Never hit bone, muscle, heart or anything solid. Bullets blew through and out, without expanding. Little blood or damage.
I’d be embarrassed to admit to knowing a guy that could shoot a deer 7 times and not hit a vital organ. :lmfao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom