Part III Most American cartridge you killed game with

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta be .45ACP in a handgun caliber (I know it's not normally used on game).

.30-30 or .30-06 in a rifle. That one's a tossup...though I've heard .30-30 has taken more deer than any other caliber. I don't know how anyone would know...or measure...that.

Clackamas Jack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, my first post was a lie and another poor attempt at this whole .com humor thing.

I’d say the most American thing I’ve used is a 300RUM. 100% unnecessary, bursting with excess and ruined alot of what it meant to claim. But still undeniably awesome.

300 RUM is a great one!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, my first post was a lie and another poor attempt at this whole .com humor thing.

I’d say the most American thing I’ve used is a 300RUM. 100% unnecessary, bursting with excess and ruined alot of what it meant to claim. But still undeniably awesome.
When I read the OP’s first post, I didn’t think of it like that, but I agree with your Interpretation.

I think the internet and hunting shows have convinced ALOT of people that they “need” certain high power calibers when a good old 30-30, 270 Win, or 30-06 would work just as well and be more practical.

I view 35 Rem as a northeast caliber and 30-30 as a southern caliber, but 270 Win and 30-06 are more universal classics throughout all hunting regions.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I read the OP’s first post, I didn’t think of it like that, but I agree with your Interpretation.

I think the internet and hunting shows have convinced ALOT of people that they “need” certain high power calibers when a good old 30-30, 270 Win, or 30-06 would work just as well and be more practical.

I view 35 Rem as a northeast caliber and 30-30 as a southern caliber, but 270 Win and 30-06 are more universal classics throughout all hunting regions.
100%. A guy at my old work was almost having a nervous break down cuz he was reading so many contradicting articles on what caliber hunting rifle to get for his first gun. I said dude, a .270 or 30-06 will never fail you . That was a long time ago. He never bought one 🙄🙄🙄

Latest posts

Top Bottom