Paul Walker will not be down for breakfast....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_1709.jpg

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wreck happened about 300 feet from the exit of the parking lot where they were doing the test drives. Even in a Carrera GT, it could not have been going that fast. To burst into flames like that is not a rousing endorsement for Porsche.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wreck happened about 300 feet from the exit of the parking lot where they were doing the test drives. Even in a Carrera GT, it could not have been going that fast. To burst into flames like that is not a rousing endorsement for Porsche.

I think you're missing something, its not like the car had a little bump with a tree and burst into flames. Did you look at pictures of the damage? That car exploded and threw debris all over the place. Judging by the damage the car sustained I am not surprised a bit that a fire started.

I looked on the map and their business was on the other side of a large industrial type area. The road going around the business park appears to have a couple spans well within the reach of 100+ MPH for a Carrera GT. Their car was just exiting a gradual RH curve, and approaching a 90* degree RH turn. Right in front of the crash was a flashing yellow warning light and sign marking 15MPH for the turn. The driver either left the corner too hot and lost control, or maybe nailed the brakes too hard in preparation for the hard right turn. Another thing I noticed was the stripes/lines on the road are marked by those little reflective bumps that stick up from the surface, at normal speed those are no big deal to hit but I could imagine these could disturb the balance and grip of a car travelling at a high rate of speed.

Here is a link to the Map, the marker is where the fundraiser was taking place. From the best I could tell they were travelling around that circle in a clockwise rotation. The accident happened near the top of map on Hercules or right before that right turn onto Constellation.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Always+Evolving+Performance+Motors+valencia&hl=en&ll=34.451422,-118.578229&spn=0.005538,0.009645&sll=35.475238,-97.523951&sspn=0.350047,0.617294&t=h&hq=Always+Evolving+Performance+Motors&hnear=Valencia,+Santa+Clarita,+Los+Angeles+County,+California&fll=34.451121,-118.578079&fspn=0.005538,0.009645&z=17

Latest posts

Top Bottom