Paul Watson flees Germany, treating the law with his usual contempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good. I kind of like watching "Whale Wars" only for the simple fact that I keep hoping that the Japanese fisherman that they are terrorizing get tired of it and eventually sink the sea shepard's ships.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Good. I kind of like watching "Whale Wars" only for the simple fact that I keep hoping that the Japanese fisherman that they are terrorizing get tired of it and eventually sink the sea shepard's ships.

Yep. When me and my daughter watched the episodes, after they were done, she walks away and mutters "the Japanese have failed again"... I am starting to think both sides are pathetic. The Sea Shepards for being nothing but sea bullies. And the Japanese for being sea cowards.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think skipping out was the dumbest thing ever, however, what Sea Shepherd does needs to be done. The Japanese have managed to over fish their own fisheries to the point that they now travel the world doing the same thing to other countries fisheries. As a hunter and fisherperson (fisherwoman sounds silly) I would be irrate to find groups of foreigners stomping over my hometown hunting or fishing spot harvesting the very most they can get away with, above and beyond what they can legally take, and wiping out those species populations. The Japanese fishing fleet has decimated fisheries around the world leaving locals without the resources they depend on for survival.

This is happening not only to other countries but even here in the US. Americans fishing fleets are constantly fighting for ground against Japanese super trawlers fishing both legally and illegally in our waters. If any group of Americans should be supporting Sea Shepherd it should be we "rednecks" who value our hunting and fishing heritage more than all others. Sure they're made up of a lot of tree hugging "hippies" that normally irritate country folk but they are doing a job that rednecks should be doing.

The common misconception is that Paul Watson and Sea Shepherd are against fishing or hunting but this is completely false. Paul's number one reason for protecting the oceans resources is because he, very correctly, believes that in our world of increasing populations the ocean is going to be needed more and more to sustain the worlds population.

I don't always agree with their methods and behavior but I love that they are out there fighting for my natural resources.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This. What I have been saying for several years. Paul Watson is a world hero

Brandi said:
I think skipping out was the dumbest thing ever, however, what Sea Shepherd does needs to be done. The Japanese have managed to over fish their own fisheries to the point that they now travel the world doing the same thing to other countries fisheries. As a hunter and fisherperson (fisherwoman sounds silly) I would be irrate to find groups of foreigners stomping over my hometown hunting or fishing spot harvesting the very most they can get away with, above and beyond what they can legally take, and wiping out those species populations. The Japanese fishing fleet has decimated fisheries around the world leaving locals without the resources they depend on for survival.

This is happening not only to other countries but even here in the US. Americans fishing fleets are constantly fighting for ground against Japanese super trawlers fishing both legally and illegally in our waters. If any group of Americans should be supporting Sea Shepherd it should be we "rednecks" who value our hunting and fishing heritage more than all others. Sure they're made up of a lot of tree hugging "hippies" that normally irritate country folk but they are doing a job that rednecks should be doing.

The common misconception is that Paul Watson and Sea Shepherd are against fishing or hunting but this is completely false. Paul's number one reason for protecting the oceans resources is because he, very correctly, believes that in our world of increasing populations the ocean is going to be needed more and more to sustain the worlds population.

I don't always agree with their methods and behavior but I love that they are out there fighting for my natural resources.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score

He is nothing more than a media queen and a coward. If he wants to truly save the whales, he should start in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom