Pawnee Summer Run N Gun - July 18

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
THEY DON'T OWN THE RAINBOW!!! You take that target down and I will never attend another run and gun. Bet they'd have cheered had it been the confederate flag. Sick and tired of the mindless ********, no bipedal, non obligate mouth breathing primate could believe this is a threat.

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. Remember - the landowner has the final say about the target - he and his dad have to reap any repercussions this might have caused.

I agree, everyone these days seems to be "offended", and tolerance does not extend to some of us. I do not want any of our actions to result in a bad outcome for anyone involved - after seeing the "internet terrorism" that was directed at us, there may be individuals that take it upon themselves to "get even".

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Last edited by a moderator:

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, enough of the drama. **** happened and **** got fixed. Back to our regularly scheduled program...

Those who have done the run n gun in the past; what changes have you made as a result of what you learned about yourself and your gear?
How has participating in the event changed or validated how you train or what equipment you use?

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Training should replicate real life scenarios as best as possible. I no longer consider sitting on a bench poking holes in targets as training. It's fun time (and we all need it) not training. Currently, I am not getting the training I desire, but thanks to Run n Gun I actually have a good idea what I will do once I start training. I want to stop making shooting and physical fitness mutually exclusive.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Biggest change for me has been fitness.

My gear hasn't changed much, but that first event at Thunderbird told me I was becoming an out of shape fat ass. Now I'm a fat ass in slightly better shape LOL.

People talk a lot about getting into gunfights and how prepared they are because theyve punched a lot of holes in paper, but many likely have no idea what it would actually require in terms of pure physical effort to win one. Being able to shoot isn't enough...

Last edited:

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely fitness; RNG has been a great motivator. I've still got a long way to go, but I think I'm finally making some real progress on some "mechanical" issues.

I have come to suspect that a battle belt would be more efficient that my chest rig, but for reasons of economy I'll stay in my chest rig for a while.

While I still love 1911's, RNG has increased my appreciation for high-capacity polymer guns that I don't mind dragging through the dirt (RNG also inspired the purchase of a holster with better retention).

RNG inspired me to get some marksmanship help--Appleseed works.

I have run 3 RNG's with 3 different rifle slings. The first one I'm repeating with is a VTAC style; I've found it to offer a lot for both shooting stability and transportation.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have learned a lot from the RNGs. I cheated myself when I bought an M&P PC and ran an RMR in Jan, I'm back to open sights as that's how I would be in an actual fight, running a CZ P-09. I did learn that a Tavor is heavy as hell and made myself a sweet accurate light weight AR. Still love my VCAS.

I'm ready to drop the Condor belt and go with HSGI as Condor is hell to run with. Just trying to get what configuration I want to go with as far as hydration. HSGI is much lighter and just tighter.

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To those of you who run with camelbaks for hydration, how do you carry your rifle? I like to run with my rifle cinched down pretty snug across my back, and that doesn't seem like it would be compatible with a camelbak. Maybe they're tougher than I imagine...

Latest posts

Top Bottom