Pawnee Winter Run N Gun - Get Ready!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was one of the 3 tweedlers wearing the paintball jerseys that thought the event was a "walk and somewhat gun".

I remember you guys. Laughable is just the first step to fixing the problem. I believe, In total, fewer than 30 shooters from Saturday made the cut at that stage.

By the way, i would not characterize your shooting a s laughable. Its all just a path of learning.

Last edited:

shakyhand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wanted to say Thanks to Al, Daniel, their families and the RO's for running this match. A huge thanks to landowner John and his family for inviting out an extended shooting family.
I took first overall in the 10K running a bolt gun and my brother took 1st in the 5K I have never saw him smile so much in pictures.

I had a great day of shooting my goal was to take my time and make every shot count, I went one for one with rifle until stage 5, Derek talked me into trying offhand at the top of the mound, I knew to build a good shooting position from a seated position but I have been practicing off hand with a sling doing dry fire drills for the last month, I know I can run a half mile hit 6 out of 10 firing a string of ten shots off hand at a 12" by 12" plate I did this earlier this week on two different days. So I thought I got this, I practiced dry fire, live fire, the wind is at my back my breathing is okay, WRONG almost timed out. I hit one offhand from the top of the mound had to sit for the second plate burned 9 rds on top of the mound and with a minute and change I ran down cleared the stage shooting off hand, i am glad the RO kept calling out the time evey time I asked and he kept saying you got this, because I was starting to wonder, that stage took 19 rds all together and had maybe 5 seconds to spare. So Mitch Rapp don't feel bad you was carrying a man's gun the Garand, I know exactly where my gun hits and I barely got the job done.
My total rifle round count for the match was 34 rds.
Question 1. Derek did you try that off hand like you coached me up to do.
Question 2. How much did that Dummy weigh I grabbed the strap like it was a dumb bell and dragged it like it was a nephew, but it was definitely heavier than I thought it would be.

I was nervous about the left handed shots and working the bolt but I was on fire Saturday.

Chances of winning overall with this group are slim so here are my rankings
Run time 4th
Bonus 1 1 st
Stage 1 3rd
Stage 2 2nd
Bonus II 1st
Stage 3 3rd
Stage 4 2nd
Stage 5 21st seconds from a DQ

Huge shout out to those guys that ran a Garand, good job

that's all for now.
Later,
Corey

shakyhand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For grins & giggles we might add a scale for a pre run & geared up ready to go run weight. Maybe a poster board listing name, screen name, pre weight, geared up weight & difference. Just add your name if u choose to participate. So it is not any extra work for anyone

Spearhead

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It wasn't your stage u.m.b.
Seems like you remember me. Let me make sure, I asked for help to make sure that i didn't have a bullet in the barrel. You were kind enough to walk to your truck and check it for me!
I don't want to say anymore about what stage it was. I don't want to single out any RO!

Edit: I reread your post and it seems that Jason helped me with my barrel.

Let me try again. While waiting, I asked if I could get ammo out. You said no, but thanked me for asking.

That was my stage. Stage 5. The other RO that was checking rifles and starting wait time wouldn't explain the course of fire until I came back up the hill and asked the runner their wait time. After they gave the wait time to me I would ask them if they understood the course of fire, if no, I would explain it to them. If they did, I would ask if they were ready and start their shoot time.

I feel that is as fair as you can get. If some guy is busting their ass trying to run as fast as possible and gets to a stage with no wait time, they don't get the luxury of getting the course explained to them (not to mention the rest..), and mentally preparing for the shooting portion. You just get to start. And if by chance you don't understand the course of fire, the explanation comes out of your run score.

I needed some wait time after running up and down that hill all day

My opinion anyways.

---Nick AKA 3rd place.

Spearhead

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as recommendations, I still think you should have a "Body Destroyer 20K" ***Monster truck voice*** and as discussed, with no resupply point. I wont do it though unless there are a few other competitors.

I for one like the close pistol shots...

--Nick AKA Mr. Fantastic

Spearhead

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
x2 for making at least one pistol stage more challenging. Smaller target at same distances or move target further away.

RO's did a fantastic job, however I did notice one inconsistency. At one stage, explaining the course of fire was included into my run time (wait-time was taken but shooting time had not started), but that was not the case at other stages. I don't know if it should have or shouldn't have..... It would not have made a difference in my final placement, but it might for another....

That's it for my 0.02

COF should be included in your run time not your wait time. One could game the system even more, as well as make the entire process less efficient. "I don't understand," over and over hence getting more rest time slowing down everyone behind them. The COF should not be included in your shoot time.
If I were to make a suggestion that would be shot timers for every stage that ended with firing.

Mike AKA I am ashamed of my place!

Spearhead

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha. Kettle bell would be too hard to keep track off and throw back into the same spot, just have them swim down to the bottom and put a soil sample on your head and come back up. Then Say " I feel fine". Pee in the pond, automatic DQ.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I concur about the shot timers. It would simplify things and eliminate variances inherent in using a stop watch.

Haha. Kettle bell would be too hard to keep track off and throw back into the same spot, just have them swim down to the bottom and put a soil sample on your head and come back up. Then Say " I feel fine". Pee in the pond, automatic DQ.
good point, i like this idea., and I see what you did there squid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom