Pellet gun for Starlings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice, thanks for sharing. I was using my Caldwell RockBR when I was shooting mine. I guess I need to get back out there.
I have no idea why it works like that but I read in another post about the recoil is different from a center fire where that is instant and air rifle in the break over isn’t

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 140436 View attachment 140435 I thought I had things figured out on the gamo wildcat whisper but everyday I would shoot it it would shoot different and erratic like the bottom picture I told some friends I would sell it then I googled accuracy problems with gamo and they said don’t let the forearm rest on anything solid only in the palm of your hand . So I resightighted in and the results are the top picture you can’t tell but there are 10 shots there

Air rifles will ruin a centerfire scope at times because the recoil is totally different. Centerfire scopes aren’t designed to be used on air rifles.
The most accurate air rifle I’ve ever shot was a RWS side cocker. A member of OSA in the past brought it out to our power plant and we got paid to soot pigeons for 10 hours. Iron sights, no scope.
It was 20 + years old and still a tack driver.
The game whispers barrel cockers the plant bought gave up accurately shooting after a short period of time. They got a lot of use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom