Pellet gun for Starlings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same with my gamo whisper fusion break barrel, it'l shoot a couple of good groups then start hitting 4 inches away at 20yds.
I've done enough taking apart and tweaking, 2 or 3 scopes, my conclusion is I could have just as good a chance of hitting a sparrow by throwing a rock.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got the gamo big cat or silent cat, can’t remember which but it does best with the heavy pellets. It won’t do near the 1250 fps it says though. I tried the plastic pellets with the alloy tip. I think I got close to 1000fps.
My vintage Benjamin’s and crosmans are more accurate.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my gamo wildcat whisper back out and was looking at the scope and it had moved quite a bit I took the top rings off and apparently I didn’t loktite the screws. I put it back together with blue loktite and let it sit for 24 hours it helped a bunch but still anywhere for .750 to 1 .250 group at 20 yards I keep telling myself it’s just a pellet gun and I might be expecting too much

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I got my gamo wildcat whisper back out and was looking at the scope and it had moved quite a bit I took the top rings off and apparently I didn’t loktite the screws. I put it back together with blue loktite and let it sit for 24 hours it helped a bunch but still anywhere for .750 to 1 .250 group at 20 yards I keep telling myself it’s just a pellet gun and I might be expecting too much
I shoot the good ‘ol pellets. None of that fancy pancy stuff. Seems to work ok.

Latest posts

Top Bottom