Pellet Smoker for Valentine's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW.......

My wonderful wife gave/ordered a Yoder YS480, for me....today at Everything BBQ. What a wonderful wife and best friend she is!!!!!

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!! 2-4 weeks, Schlitz beer, ribs, and steaks this summer.

[Broken External Image]

Can't wait until NFL season to grill/smoke up some ribs and steaks!!!!!
www.pagecovers.com_covers_nfl_football_teams_houston_texans_team.jpg

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Glock 21...

Grilling steaks are not a problem, nor direct grilling anything. Pull the heat diffuser, put on the grilling panel...the one on the left above the flame....and start grilling. When its time to smoke, put back in the heat diffuser, regular grills amd then smoke and cook.

Vidoe of using grill and direct flame for grilling...
[video=youtube_share;_ShdIuCQ0jc]http://youtu.be/_ShdIuCQ0jc[/video]

jstndrfr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats., Ive had my Yoder 640 for a few years now. I love the sear grates, just crank it up to 600 and grill a 1 1/4" rib eye for about 3 minutes on each side, its heaven.

Check out the amzin pellets on amazon, free shipping and @ $30 for 40lbs of pellets.

Dont wait for warm weather, smoke and grill now!

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will do Glock 21!!!! Now my ....ummm........girth, robustness, el gordo figure is going to expand!!!

It should be here in a couple of weeks(ordering stuff just kills me...anticipation!!!) and I'm ready for Spring and Summer. During NFL season.....lookout!!!!! That smoker is going to be put to the test.......
www.smokingpit.com_images_Main_page_Yoder_YS640_Butt_Smoke.jpg

farm3.staticflickr.com_2844_12262335594_322db02ea9_o.jpg

cdn.fansided.com_wp_content_blogs.dir_10_files_2014_09_nfl_preff35640d1d3650877dacd119c0ae2343.jpg

jstndrfr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats just like mine ha ha. You will enjoy it, the only negative and a very small one is you need to use your shop vac after a few grills/smokes, to clean out the fine ash in the smoker. If not youll get some flying ash on your food. Its real nice having a smoker that can can grill and smoke, hell I sold my Weber gas/stick smoker because the Yoder does it all.

Damn, you got me wanting to smoke now.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new smoker, we love smoking anything and everything. I have a Smoke-it Electric, and a Charcoal smoker. Use em about twice a week average.

If any of you are not familiar with this site at http://www.smokingmeatforums.com you might take a look at it. I think it is absolutely the best smoking site on the web. World wide site, based out of the Tulsa area.

He bugs you a little to donate to help keep it up and running, but you do not have to. I have saved way more money not messing up a good piece of meat than sending a little $ donation he asks for using tips from this site. For me, it has been well worth while. Lots of tech info on this site to help you smoke better, search through thousands of recipes for what others have done. There are lots of ideas of foods to smoke different ways. Also posters do not nitpick and bite each other, kinda nice.

Enjoy your new smoker.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Yoder......I've been using a Traeger for about 5 years now.....love the pellet type smokers....beat the heck out of tending my old stick burner...

We need to see pictures, soon.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom