Perfecta Ammo ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fired two boxes this morning (one through a Ruger SR1911 and one through a SiG P220), cleaner than Remington UMC bulk (judging by less flash/fewer powder sparks leaving the end of the barrel on both), pretty much as accurate as anything else in these two guns. No issues here.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought a Sig P250 (the 2sum that was in the classified) and ran some Federal and some Perfecta through both the full size and the subcompact. Aside from an occasional powder flash that Sanford mentioned, it seemed to work as well as the Federal. I think I'll try a few more boxes to verify consistency. I haven't shot in so long that I can't judge the accuracy but I'm pleased to see that my accuracy hasn't suffered from the long dry spell.

I don't mean to threadjack, but just what causes the powder flashing?

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ran a box of the 165 gr .40 S&W through my S&W 4053 with no problem. I'll buy more for practice in the future. Seemed cleaner than most inexpensive ammo.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I took a box of Perfecta and a box of ZQI(Turkey --headmark MEK) 147 gr 308win out to the range today and both worked out good , firm recoil , the ZQI may of burned fairly clean -the cases I looked at were clean on the inside . I still need to get a heavyer buffer for the 308 to run better - 4.0 oz is not cutting it - may go to the ""Heavy Buffers"" 6.4 oz and tuned spring to fix the FTE and to take some of the bite out of the recoil .

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
seen a guy shooting it and he left his brass.. I asked if he wanted his brass he said no.. I figured so as he was stepping on it as he left.
So I got the brass it was .308 and was clean inside and there was one that jammed ,, I took it apart.
HHHMMM the bullet pulled out with my fingers.. no scratch marks on it.. light seated or was it from being jammed and got loose.

PLEASE take one round you have in .308 and see if you can spin the bullet in the case or pull it easily.

Now I dumped the powder and weighed it.. I got 41.75gr of what is a dead ringer for BL-C(2) the projectile weighed 147.5gr pointy tip and boat tail with lead exposed at the center of the base of the bullet.. it also had a cannuler that is quiet wide.

Latest posts

Top Bottom